So, I am going to finish/sum it up by completing the last 6 items tonight:
day 26- what do you think about your friends
day 27- why are you doing this 30 day challenge
day 28- a picture of you from last year and now, how have you changed since then?
day 29- in this past month, what have you learned
day 30- your favorite song
day 31- the best thing about being you
what do you think about your friends?
I am very very blessed with good friends. I truly enjoy the friendships I have made through the years. I can honestly say that I have never lost a friend. Sure we may not talk as much throughout the years, but if I do run into the friends I have made…no matter how long it has been….I still feel a friendship.
I think I have to rely on my friends a lot. Because I have no sisters…my friends have to become like family….like sisters to me, and I am forever grateful to any and all that have fulfilled that role!
why are you doing this 30 day challenge?
Well, I guess I felt I needed some soul searching. I have always said that blogging was the cheapest therapy I have provided myself! I also felt this was a tad different than most blog/email questionnaires. I think it will be fun to look back on this and see how things have changed.
I also felt like I was getting repetitive in my blog posts, and I wanted to switch things up a bit. Now I am feeling that this challenge is getting very repetitive and that I have probably fully and 100% convinced readers that I am crazy!
a picture of you from last year and now, how have you changed since then?
(I was a bit embarrassed...This is the only picture of me from March 2010....Look Close to find me! We were at dinner in SLC with some friends!)
As for March 2011...there are NONE of me...how sad is that. So I had to back track to February when we were in St. George. Maybe now that I am trying so hard to lose weight and I am a happier person...I will want more pictures of me!
This one gets me a little emotional. I have changed immensely in the past year. For the better I am happy to report. 2010 was seriously the darkest year of my life. I won’t ever fully divulge the reasons why…but I am so glad it is over. I feel like I have turned a new leaf in life. If anything has changed, it is my attitude. Mainly towards myself. Sure I still struggle now and then with immense self-doubt and sadness. I am constantly trying harder to do better in all my roles in this life, and give myself some credit with the good that I am able to accomplish by just being me.
in this past month, what have you learned?
Well….the answer to this one is kind of a copy to the one above. Only that I think it took January and February to kind of get the hang of getting my life back in order in the right way. This March I have truly gotten the old “me” back, and I am so so happy and grateful.
your favorite song?
I don’t necessarily have a favorite. Too many favorites in fact. I am always deeply touched by good music. Today however I happened to be in the car listening to Sounds Of Sunday when this popped on the radio:
More Katherine Thompson music on iLike
I don’t know why…but it spoke volumes to me. I googled it and watched the video and loved it even more.
the best thing about being you?
I often have moments of absolute awe….I think about my life as if I were looking from the outside in. Here I am…a daughter from a good family. I was lucky enough to be born in the United States, in Utah, in the beautiful town of Vernal. I have loving parents, loving brothers, and great extended family. Not only that, but I was born into the Gospel. There are MILLIONS of people who have no idea what it feels like to be part of such a perfect organization…and I do-what a blessing. I lived a very full, active, memory filled childhood. I developed many talents in my youth. Some of them have stuck with me as I was lucky enough to marry the most kind and patient man who is perfect for me. He is so patient with me. He loves me no matter what. I have three of Heavenly Father’s choice spirits. I am not just saying that because they are mine….I know that they are special, it was promised to me in my patriarchal blessing. Now I have the grand opportunity to raise them and nurture their sweet spirits all I can. It is daunting at times to think of. I too often let Satan discourage me through sadness, my weaknesses, and many other things. If anything I have learned through this blog challenge-as cheesy as it might sound-…Is that I am one lucky girl. Truly lucky in every way.
4 comments:
I have thoroughly enjoyed your March blog and getting to know more about you. YOu are one amazing person and I'm truly grateful to be your friend.
I would have to agree that you are one amazing person and I to am grateful to be one of your friends. Thanks so much for sharing!
I sure hope this hasn't pooped you out from blogging for a while now! :) Keep the posts coming! I want to go back and read through the ones I have missed! You are such a neat girl and I'm glad I moved to Vernal just for the simple fact of becoming friends with you!
I love you. 2010 was my darkest year as well. I am so glad we had each other to lean on. Love your guts... I just want you to know that I am very proud to be your friend. I am envious and in awe of you and your talents, love, passion, and the way you express youself. You truly are a great person. Can't wait to see you.
Post a Comment