Sunday, March 20, 2011

March 19th- nicknames you have and why you have them, and the 20th- someone you love

I have funny thoughts when it comes to nicknames....I am super weird about it I guess. The only person I call by a “nickname” is G.J. Since his name is really George, by calling him G.J. I am using a nickname. I also call him Georgie :o)

I know that most people have nicknames or shortened versions of their names. I just feel incredibly stupid using them. I feel like they are for use by close family or very very close friends. I hear other people use the nicknames, and it is just fine. For me to use them just seems very strange. So I am very sorry if you have a nickname and I don't ever call you it :)

As for nicknames for me, I seriously never had a nickname growing up. As I look back, I don't think my family had nicknames at all, and I don't recall them using any for other people either, so maybe that is where my issues come in. I had a dance teacher and my first drill team coach that called me “Kand” it just sounded weird and awkward and I hated it. Don't even think about calling me “Kandy”-sorry, it just doesn't fit!

G.J. on the other hand, and his whole family is full of nicknames. G.J. has SO many nicknames for our kids, and a few for me. He is always coming up with new nicknames for our kids. He changes them so often that I usually don't know which kid he is referring to!

I am sort of embarrassed to say what he calls me most. He has even tried to teach Kayler to call me it since Kayler now refuses to call G.J. dad....he just calls him G.J., and I think it is hilarious.

My main nickname is......
Pooky bear.....
Hallie is usually Teeny Bean. Gavin's main name is Chacho. Poor Kayler gets stuck with Chubsy. See...my Georgie is creative!


So on to the ONE PERSON I LOVE.....
Hello, I love WAY more than one person-so that is a tough choice. So fitting with this being the first day of Spring, I am choosing that I LOVE:


Yes, I know this is not the best picture....she is just so quick most people can't get a good picture! ;)

MOTHER NATURE! Come on lady, bring on more of that sunshine!!!!

3 comments:

Candace and Brian said...

I love it too Pooky Bear!!!

Kassi Luck said...

I love the nicknames!! I feel the same way about calling people by there nicknames, although I do call Brysen, ba ba's. Anyway, I say YEAH!! to spring!!

Janice {Run Far} said...

Miss you.... Pooky Bear....