The title of this post is changes. Sometimes I am a creature of habit and I can’t handle change. Most times though I truly enjoy fun spur of moment change that allows my family to have fun. This past week was lots of that!
I kept very busy last week…I don’t quite remember with what though. For once I had a break from my cleaning duties because there were 5 Tuesdays and Wednesdays in March. It felt great to have three days when all 3 kids were gone so I could get things done. I really wanted to snuggle up and get some rest, but I was completely booked with busy-ness the whole time.
I caught a quick picture of my kids playing so nicely with each other on Friday afternoon. Just being outside with them and seeing them run and play made me so so happy. I think all my blog readers know how much I hate winter for the fact of being cooped up inside. It was a huge change to feel completely released from the chains of winter. We also had our first fire outside at my parents' house.
Saturday was no exception of changes. My brother Kris and his wife were in town so we planned some fun things. After watching the morning session of conference, I had a bridal shower to go to, then we headed up to my parents to start the fun.
There is a really cool canyon literally minutes from my parent’s house. It provides a great hike filled with lots of beauty. The kids love playing in the cool sand and rocks. We were so glad to see that the 2 red tailed hawks that had their nests there last year were back again..screeching at us to stay away from their babies.(there is a picture...you will have to look REAL closely!) My mom took some easter eggs to hide and let the kids find them. We mostly enjoyed the perfect temperature and joy of being together as a family enjoying nature.
The fun didn’t end there! We went to our secret swimming hole and let the dogs and kids dive in! The water is basically the same temperature all year because it comes from snow run off. The air was warm enough that the kids didn’t even notice the frigid water. The dogs were in heaven! Poor Mollee looked awful after her swimming adventure! It was just so funny to think….the 2nd of April and there we were wading/swimming! While we were there I notice my favorite bird ever! There were 3 Sandhill Cranes. I got a picture, but not very good. Look very closely on the left hand side of the picture about half way in the middle. They are amazing. I included a picture of one close up I found on the internet. THey fly through Vernal this time of year and they make the coolest sound!

We left in the nick of time….seriously. As soon as we did the wind picked up, and these nasty clouds appeared. We enjoyed a BBQ, and finished the night up with a trip to the newly redone park in town….in the dark! It was so fun, it was just our family there. I think the adults had more fun than the kids! After a while I sit there having to catch my breath…it felt like I had been at an amusement park all day!
We finished the day by a cute sight of georgie reading a story to 3 VERY tired kids!:
This is the sight we woke up to this morning....see how quickly things change! Swimming in the afternoon and snowballs in the morning :) :
It was great having a day seeing my kids truly enjoy the beauties of this beautiful town we live in….all for free. My dad always told me that true fun never costs any money, and I know that is true. I look back at my childhood and all the adventures that I enjoyed living where I did. There was always fun waiting for me just by walking outside. That leads me to “announce”….lol, our next HUGE Change-

http://www.utahrealestate.com/report/public.single.report/report/detailed/listno/1022820/scroll_to/1022820
I kind of laugh at how shocked people appear when we tell them our house is for sale. It has been on our mind for years. The timing has never been right until now. I will be honest….I am scared to death. I have such fear with the whole real estate process and the “game” that is played. In my past experiences…I learned that most times that game isn’t played very fairly! Luckily we have a great friend and ward member as our real estate agent.
I have an overload of fear when it comes to this whole thing. What if nobody comes and looks at our house?, What if everybody hates it?, What if we never sell it? What will the neighbors/ward members think?, What if our plans for the future don’t work out quite right? What If, What IF, WHAT IF!.....
Then I was brought back down to reality by my sweet husband and brother. They both reminded me that fear is of the devil, faith is not. All of the reasons for my fear of this process were based on what others thought of me and my house. G.J. and I know that this is the right thing to do at this time. We have felt good about it the past several years, but like I said, the timing wasn’t right. So just recently through prayer, visits to the temple, and thinking and pondering, we know this is the right thing to do.
We are very lucky to be able to have a place to live rent free for a year or so while we save up money (G.J.’s parents condo). We are very blessed to have our choice of land to build on up in Maeser by my parents. Now…just the faith to trust that this will all work out in the end! So, I vow to be cautiously optimistic….having faith that whatever is supposed to happen will, and try my hardest to be patient in all things.
So here’s to change….
If you or anyone you know is in the house buying market…send them our way or to our realtor!
8 comments:
I'm not sure the secret swimming whole is much of a secret anymore, but it sure is fun!
Your right about the splinter. Right now the sun is shining, the sky is blue, The wind is blowin like a hurricane and there is little smow flurries coming from a cloud I can't even see.
So strange! I wish spring would hurry and win out!
Good luck with all your change. Hope it all goes well. I know from experience that it's very scary, but It is so nice to think that I will never have to move again. (If I have my way!)
I'm excited for you and your house. It will all work out. It will. I've already seen people looking. I loved reading about your weekend. Looks like LOTS of fun. I really appreciated what your Dad said about how true fun doesn't cost any money. Your family is definitely an example of just having fun by enjoying each other's company. Stay inside bundled today and the sun will be out tomorrow. That will make you happy!
I am excited for you!!! What a wonderful place we grew up, and know your kids will have the same fun adventures!! I wish you all the luck that it sells quickly!
Sounds like a great weekend! It was fun to have some warm weather to enjoy, however that wind was bad! We took the kids to the pool with that obstacle course you told me about! So fun! You need to take us to that place by your parents house sometime! My kids would love it! I am excited to see what happens with your home too! You should go read one of my favorite scriptures!! 2 Timothy 1:7
Cute pictures!!!
there were lots of things I wanted to comment on and then when I finish reading, I cant rember anything but the last topic. haha. I am excited for you to sell your house and build one. Have faith!
I tried to talk Josh into buying your house. He told me no. Boo!
Good luck selling it!
What a great blessing to be able to pray to a Heavenly Father who loves us and receive answers to prayers. I am excited for your new venture!! That will be crazy and fun, I am sure. I LOVED the pics of the day swimming, first fire of the season, hiking, playing, etc - looks like LOTS of fun!!
You have absolutely nothing to worry about! Your house is beautiful, and so is your yard! Anyone who looks at it will love it! That's so exciting that you are going to do something else, I felt the same way when we put our home on the market though, and everything worked out perfectly! :)I hope you are doing well, I haven't seen you in such a long time! Your kids are sure getting bigger, and they are so cute! How's your little Kayler doing? He's so cute Kandice, and your other two are as well! I didn't really ever know them, but they seem like sweeties. Kayler was so fun in Kindermusik :) Have a great day!!
Post a Comment