Thursday, March 24, 2011

March 24th- FaceBook

Warning...If you are a Facebook Addict (or You Tube or Twitter), this post WILL offend you! ….Don't say I didn't warn you.

So today, March 24th I am supposed to put my last 5 facebook status'. Well, you see I can't do that accurately. I have deleted most of them.

You see, I have this funny problem. I will be going through my day, and something very interesting or exciting will happen, and I will think “This would make a great Facebook Status” Then rarely I will post it....regret it 20 seconds later, and hurry and delete it!





This sums it up perfectly. When you cross You Tube, Twitter, and Facebook you get YOU TWIT FACE! (and no...I didn't come up with that on my own!)


Let me tell you my feelings on Facebook.

I think that social media is good for only a few things:

-Keeping up with friends, family, and people you care somewhat about.

-Seeing pictures of the above people

-Staying in the loop on important gossip ;)

-Remembering people's birthdays (I would be ungrateful if I didn't add this one...I had over 100 birthday wishes today...)

-Some people post important info on their profile like email, phone #, or address. It has come in handy for me a few times.

THAT's IT!

It is NOT for:

-Playing time consuming, pointless, mind numbing games

-Posting things that lead people to wonder, question, or worry about you without ever answering or telling why. For example: “My Life will never be the same....” That leads the reader to wonder... “Why won't your life be the same...what happened....do you have a disease...getting divorced....had a death.....??? SO annoying to me! Just tell people if you know they are going to ask :)

-Posting endless upon endless quotes or sayings that truly only mean something to you. (I will admit, there is rare occasion a good one will pop up.)

-It is not for hurtful, endless gossiping and tormenting amongst people, kids...teenagers...adults. It is just trouble in most cases. For that reason my kids will get accounts when they are 12...I will have their password, be their “friend” and they will only be allowed on our home computer which is in our kitchen in plain sight.

-I get sad/jealous reading about everyone who posts their exercise for the day. Some might find it motivating...but for me who doesn't have the time/motivation to pull off 100 laps of swimming, 10 mile bike rides, and a casual 3 hour run every day....it makes me feel pitiful and fat!

And last but not least:

-I Do NOT need to know EVERY SINGLE DAY: What you ate for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. What errands you will be running. How you slept. How your kids slept. How many times you pooped and peed. How many times your kids pooped and peed. What you watched on TV and how you felt about it. A constant weather report. Etc.etc.etc.etc.etc. Seriously, everyone eats, sleeps, poops, pees, and gets dressed. Don't need a news flash on every event!

(With that said, I know that I have offended a few of my DO NOT's of Facebook...-I will admit it and not be a hypocrite about it!, but I promise to never again!)

And I am sorry if I offended...I love all my blog readers! Facebook Addicts or not!

7 comments:

Kassi Luck said...

I LOVED this post and no you did not offend me. I agree with it 100%. I got a good laugh at this post. So great!! Thank you!

Kassi Luck said...

Hope you had a great day!! It was good to visit with you

Lacy said...

I agree!
Iam gratefull to be able to catch up with long lost friends and send messages when I don't know phone numbers!
Even the phrophet has said that fb has been good for missionary work.
But it can be such a scary place too!
And on the annoying note I have a friend here in Roosevelt(no one, who will comment on here, will no her I promise.)
She posts these yummy goodies she makes everyday and then post how she is so good and never even has a taste and that's how she stays in shape! Ugh! I wanted to reach through the computer and punch her!
Very mature of me, right? I know the problem was really with me, but common- No one wants to hear people brag about self controll! Haha!

Kristi said...

Lol!! I have blocked/hidden many a people who break these rules. The play by play's of how they clean their house are great too.

Heidi J said...

Haha.. Totally agree with it all! Some days I just want to delete my account because I'm so annoyed. Please hit me if I ever become of those annoying people on there!

Emily said...

Ditto... Ditto! So glad to hear there are others out there that feel the same! Love ya girlie and hope you had a wonderful birthday!

Ben and Marcie said...

You made me laugh so hard! I love this post! Its exactly how I feel about Facebook, people can be so annoying on there. The posts that drive me crazy are "I have so much to do today!" Or "I'm late for work, I better hurry!" It makes you want to smack them, like, here's a clue, get off Facebook! Thanks for making me laugh today!