I had heard of bloggers for quite awhile. My friend Mandy started one up, and I thought I could do it too. So now I am on my 3rd year of blogging! I truly enjoy reading all my friends blogs. It really lifts my spirits some days.
And now for other news....Just because I am focusing on me every day doesn't mean that my day to day life isn't happening!
Here is a small recap of our past week:
Last Saturday we let the kids invite some friends to go swimming at the rec center. They had the huge blow up obstacle course in the water and they all LOVED it. I even made a fool of myself by doing it...flopping my chubby white body all over to make it through the course!
Saturday night G.J. and I went on a date! We have a record- 2 dates in 3 months :) We went to the movie "Unknown" It was GREAT...and for me, a person who doesn't love movies, that is saying something! The last time G.J. and I had been to the theater together to watch a NON kids movie was in 2008, how sad is that?!
Sunday was a draining day. I went to the church for meetings at 10:30, attended church, and didn't get home because of meetings until 5:30.....Plus it was Fast Sunday and I just CAN'T go that long without food.
Monday was a boring day of chores etc.
Tuesday was extremely busy. I had to work, go get groceries, set up our RS activity, go to diet class, and so on and so forth. I managed to shower, exercise, and help the kids with homework too. I was beyond pooped at the end of that day.
Wednesday was yet again cleaning day for someone else. I worked so hard that I didn't even go to my weekly Zumba class that I love so much.
Thursday was my day for cooking dinner. I also got a nice visit from Cindy Hancock. I just love her, and we are growing very close serving together in the Primary Presidency. She brought me this beautiful bouquet of flowers because she loves me so much....
Actually the flowers were from her moms funeral. Her mom was a very well known and loved woman. Cindy said her house looked like a botanical garden and her allergies were acting up so she was sharing ;)
Thursday afternoon I took Hallie and Gavin to their Book Fair and Ice Cream Social at school. Then I let them go to Kmart to pick some clothes off the clearance rack. It was so cute to see them choose their different things...they are definitely developing their own sense of style!
Friday was more chores. Hallie had piano. Gavin went to his friends house as usual. We took my my Grandpa out for dinner and that was that.
This morning (Saturday) I served myself the breakfast of champions in bed....a WHOLE box of Girl Scout cookies. They were delightful. I tried to avoid the little stands on almost every street corner it seemed...but I caved and got them. I didn't feel one bit guilty though. I have 1 box, 1 time a year...and I try to avoid all cookies the rest of the year!
I sent G.J. and Kayler off to G.J.'s work. Hallie and Gavin went to the big 4-H kickoff, and I went all by my lonesome self to the big Relief Society thing at Maeser Stake. It was very nice. After that my Dad called and invited me to lunch. G.J. and the kids were still busy for another 2 hours, so I jumped on that opportunity! It has been AGES since my dad and I were alone together on a little “date.” After lunch my dad said he needed to go to Basin Sports to look at some things. Before I knew it he had the salesman handing me a brand new pair of walking/running shoes to try on. I have wanted some...but the good ones are just so so expensive, and I just can't justify spending that much on myself. He wanted to buy me some good ones because he knows my feet hurt a lot from being on them all day with my cleaning jobs. I am so grateful for my dad and our relationship. Although we are both so busy, and times like today are few and far in between, I know I will always be Daddy's little girl, and it makes me feel special.
He helped me pick up my stuff from Bountiful Baskets, and then the rest of the day has been spent relaxing, doing a little yard clean up, playing outside in the nice weather. Just a nice Saturday!
I must not forget this picture that I snuck of our local "Spongebob" G.J. is seriously the best dad. He is just a big kid himself most days. It has been hilarious his past week Kayler has been calling him "G.J." instead of Dad or Daddy. He will ask me where G.J. is, tell me that he loves G.J., and when G.J. gets home Kayler invites his "G.J." to his room to play!
I hope everyone else has had a nice week too! I love you all :)
3 comments:
I LOVED this post. I laughed about GJ and agree he is one amazing Dad, as you are Mom. :) How funt o have a date with your Dad and I think it's amazing you take so many "family dates" like to the Rec Center and Farrs. See you in a bit!!!
That is sweet that you and your dad have those dates. Cherish them!! I tried to catch up to you at women's conference to see if you wanted to sit with us but you were too fast! :)
k- this is just to cute! Sorry, I haven't checked the blogging world in forever!! Loving this new blog chickety!! So cute! GJ is awesome and what a cute post!
Post a Comment