Wednesday, March 2, 2011

March is MY month!

I am usually not one to take on blog challenges or copy cat other's ideas. Since my blogging has been a bit lackluster...I will take on this challenge that I have saw on 3 of my friends' blogs so far (Emily and Steph and I think Kyndi?)

So, as if I weren't candid and honest enough about my feeling on my blog...you get to know more about ME! I will really try to blog each and every day, but life gets a little crazy sometimes so I will do as much as I can!

Here are the guidelines-scroll down and I will complete days 1 and 2.

day 1- recent picture of you and 15 interesting facts about yourself
day 2- the meaning behind your blog name
day 3- a picture of you and your friends
day 4- a habit that you wish you didn’t have
day 5- a picture of somewhere you've been
day 6- 5 favorite TV shows
day 7- a picture of someone/something that has the biggest impact on you
day 8- short term goals for this month and why
day 9- something you're proud of in the past few days
day 10- songs you listen to when you are happy, sad, bored, anxious or mad
day 11- another picture of you and your friends
day 12- how you found out about blogger and why you have one
day 13- a letter to someone
day 14- a picture of you and your family
day 15- put your ipod on shuffle: first 10 songs that play
day 16- another picture of yourself
day 17- someone you would want to switch lives with for one day and why
day 18- plans/dreams/goals you have
day 19- nicknames you have and why you have them
day 20- someone you love
day 21- a picture of something that makes you happy
day 22- what makes you different from everyone else
day 23- something you crave for a lot
day 24- your last five facebook status'
day 25- what I would find in your bag
day 26- what do you think about your friends
day 27- why are you doing this 30 day challenge
day 28- a picture of you from last year and now, how have you changed since then?
day 29- in this past month, what have you learned
day 30- your favorite song
day 31- the best thing about being you

Here is my most recent picture.



After looking at most of my pictures, I realize that I am in hardly any of them. It might lead one to wonder if I was even present at events! The thing is, I am usually the one taking the picture. I love digital cameras for the fact that you can delete unflattering pictures of yourself. For that reason....there aren't too many of me.

Now for the 100 facts(I know it said 15, but I couldn't stop. I am just SO fascinating!!!-I actually did this blog post several years ago...I just had to change a few things.)...

1. I love to sleep in and have naps-which is funny because I have insomnia and I have napped like 5 times in the past few years.
2. I hate cooking….everything about it-which is why I am grateful for food group. I only “cook” once a week.
3. I love to eat other people’s cooking, and it shows on my butt and thighs.
4. I like a clean house-shocking I know...
5. I like a clean car-I seriously panic if the car is super dirty, especially on long trips.
6. I like my kids to be clean and well kept. It was very easy when they were little...and I prided myself on their appearance. Now they are older and it isn't so easy.
7. I don’t like to do my hair or makeup.
8. I like wearing pajamas and my granny nightgowns.
9. I don’t like wearing real pants/jeans with a zipper-they are worn only for special occasions. When I get home, they are the first thing to come off.
10. I love the smell of clean laundry-which is funny because I only like Tide w/ April Fresh Downy. Any other smell makes me sick.
11. I hate the feeling of cotton balls.
12. I hate the sound of frozen snow or ice under my feet.
13. I hate having sick kids.
14. I hate being sick myself.
15. I love G.J. to warm up my blanket and tuck me in.
16. I thrive on sweet little words from my kids like “I love you.”
17. I played outside a lot when I was little-I had a very vivid imagination and had many many adventures.
18. I was a gymnast and went to Gymnastics camp at BYU when I was young.
19. I love to dance.
20. I love to swim.
21. I love the gospel with all my heart.
22. I love my family with all my heart.
23. I am extremely afraid of death.
24. I have a very persistent fear that someone I love will die in a car accident or drown.
25. I am a seatbelt freak, for me, and anyone else under my care.
26. I was almost abducted as a child.
27. I had ear tubes when I was 2. They fell out and I was magically cured by the Chiropractor...and all 3 of my kids have been as well.
28. I had my tonsils out when I was 8.
29. I won the times table championship in 3rd grade.
30. that same day I puked on a whole shelf of books at the library-no lie....
31. I love Arctic Circle…or any other place with a really good cheeseburger .
32. I like candy, a lot.
33. I like baked goods, a lot.
34. I like to camp.
35. I like to fly fish.
36. I don’t like hunting or guns.
37. I love to waste time on the computer…..as you can tell. It helps me escape from reality.
38. I have a degree from Utah State University in Family and Human Development.
39. I don’t like traveling in the car or anywhere for that matter, I get car sick easily.
40. I made the 2000 All State Drill Team, our team took state that year as well.
41. I am always on time and sometimes annoyingly early. I have been known to be late a few times, but it almost kills me to do so.
42. I don’t like it when people are late.
43. I don’t like being lied to.
44. I don’t like fake people.
45. I do like genuine people.
46. I am very afraid of the dark.
47. I hate spiders.
48. I hate things that bite.
49. I love rain, and thunder, and lightning, even though it scares me a little.
50. I never received less than an A in my whole elementary, middle, junior, and high school career. I was one of the Valedictorians of my Graduating Class. College however...much different story.
51. I was a suck up student/ teachers pet.
52. I have a very good memory.
53. I usually never forget a phone # after dialing it a couple times.
54. I have lots of personal “dirty laundry” (i.e.secrets) Some of them only I know...some only G.J. Knows, and some only a couple people know. Some of them are things to be proud of...and some definitely are NOT.
55. I like to read other peoples blogs.
56. I am very grateful that people leave me comments on my blog-it makes me feel like people care enough to take 10 seconds of their time just for me.
57. I am a good listener.
58. I keep important secrets really well.
59. I don’t like controversy or arguing.
60. I don’t like competitions.
61. I have never been able to color in the lines.
62. I have a gimp hand…I am missing a part of a muscle, so I hold my pencil and pen weird-I know you will all watch me next time.
63. I have only died my hair twice.
64. I look better with long hair.
65. I had tear duct reconstructive surgery as a baby.
66. I don’t like my freckles.
67. I have permanent retainers.
68. I lost 35 lbs since November 2006...gained like 15 back, and have lost 10 again....
69. I USED to be very skinny.….even after having Hallie...after Gavin and Kayler it all went downhill.
70. I have never broken a bone. Except for my broken/hurt foot incident.
71. I ripped my head open on a loose screw on a swing set, had lots of stitches.
72. I’m allergic to bees.
73. I have had very hard church callings, and I stress over doing a good job way too much, VT coordinator was the hardest I have ever had. However I truly do love serving.
74. I have read the Book of Mormon through 5 or 6 times.
75. I have only had one “real” job in my life. I was an orthodontic assistant for a year or so.
76. I try to be a good, true, and loyal to the end friend. That being said, I try to be friendly to all, but I have trust issues and it takes me a while to let people see the real “me” and all the baggage that comes with me!
77. I would do anything for anyone (within reason of course).
78. I don’t hold grudges.
79. I love nature-Everything about it. My dad taught me to appreciate the beauty around. Right now I really love watching birds. They are pretty amazing if you think about it.
80. I love a nicely kept yard.
81. I hate laying in the sun.
82. I think people who lay in the sun aren’t very smart. DUH skin cancer….
83. I think people who smoke aren’t very smart. DUH lung cancer…
84. I have never ever drank, smoked, or did illegal drugs.
85. I bite my fingernails.
86. I don’t like animals very much-I have had to make a huge exception for our Mollee dog. Funny thing is, she loves me most.
87. I don't swear very often. usually never, It just does not come naturally for me.
88. I have insomnia most nights.
89. I have panic attacks when I worry about my kids getting hurt.
90. I have no appendix, no tonsils, no adenoids, no wisdom teeth, and only 1 ovary and no uterus.
91. I like to do crafts and sew, but it does not come naturally to me, and I usually hate the end results.
92. I like to give to people who are less fortunate.
93. I am VERY impatient-seriously one of my very very worst traits. It affects everyone around me. I think the people who suffer most are my sweet husband and kids...and myself because I am too impatient to do things for myself-like exercise and do my hair and makeup and wear real clothes.
94. I get ornery really easily.
95. I like to laugh and have fun.
96. I cry only once or twice a year, maybe 3 times....but as I age that becomes more often!
97. I have only been to 5 or 6 funerals in my life, I don’t like them one bit.
98. I like to sing.
99. I don’t get embarrassed too easily...thank goodness because I have done some pretty embarrassing things.
100. I lead a very blessed life, and I’m grateful for every second

As for the meaning behind my blog title "Our Family Together Through it All"...I feel that is very self explanatory. My family is everything...and we are eternally together, through the good and bad!

5 comments:

Heidi J said...

holy smokes! I can't believe you came up with so many things about you! You're awesome. Maybe I'll copy your idea that you copied... but next month :)

Candace and Brian said...

I loved reading your list. I too have seen this challenge and like the idea...as if I don't blog enough. I'm excited to keep up with your though.

Emily said...

Way to go! It's kinna fun to hear about friends a bit more through this blog challenge. We need a girls night soon! Interested?

Janice {Run Far} said...

I love love love this. I want to play too. I loved your 100 random things. I hope this doesn't sound wrong, but I feel lucky that I have seen you cry and been a shoulder to cry on, and you for me. You mean the world to me lady.

Holly said...

I must hear the story of #26 - can't believe I haven't yet. (Or maybe I did and I forgot - who knows?) I had no idea of #35 - very interesting. #57 and #58 are so true! Did not know #72 - do you carry an epi pen? #90 - all this and yet you are still a complete person! :) Love your guts Kandice!