First off, I gave the boys their “summer cuts.” Gavin was really proud of his new hair. He said he was so excited to show his Grandmas his “cute new hair.” Kayler was sooo funny about it. People would ask him where his hair was, he would reach up and touch his head and then say, “I no know!” Needless to say, they are not as cute as they are with hair, but I was very tired of washing and combing their very long hair, and besides it is getting hot here. Their Grandma’s were not too pleased with me for doing it, but oh well.




Moving on-G.J. and I had to go to Salt Lake Friday. Our nephew was graduating from
Hallie had a birthday party today, and it was so cute. It was her friend Hunter and her mom is a beautician. She did their hair in super cute up-do’s, had their nails done, and then they did all sorts of things. She was there for like 4-5 hours. She was in heaven and couldn’t stop talking about all the things she did. I was still out of town when she came back, but G.J. had taken a picture of her, isn’t she cute!?
Anyways, moving on to some quite exciting news. As we were at the graduation on Friday, something pretty funny/interesting happened. I was sitting there, and I looked across the gym and saw a kid who looked VERY much like David Archuleta. Pretty soon people were buzzing all around us, and we got out the camera, zoomed in, and it was DEFINETLY him. He is just as cute in person as he was on T.V. I checked the program, and he was there because his sister was graduating, Claudia Archuleta. (I confirmed this with the lady sitting next to me who knew them I guess) He had 2 policemen by him, and it was a good thing, because he became quite the spectacle very quickly. The graduation took second stage as people began taking pictures and texting and videoing-which I will admit I did a little bit of each…lol. I kind of felt sorry for the poor kid. He was just there to watch his sister. He was just a normal person before the whole American Idol thing. I guess that is what happens when you become famous. I really like his voice, he is very talented, but I guess I never expected myself to get giddy when I seen him in person-lol. I feel a little lame about that. G.J. had gone down to the graduation floor to get some good pictures of our nephew as he got his diploma. My niece was BEGGING me to go over and get our picture with David. I refused, because I am a mean aunt, and I am shy when it comes to stuff like that. I told her to ask her uncle G.J., kind of jokingly. Well, imagine our surprise when he came back and said, “Guess who I just got my picture with?” Our niece was so sad, and I was quite shocked, because G.J. is a lot shyer than me. He said he got brave and figured this was a once in a lifetime chance, so he just did it. He said that he was super nice just letting people snap their pictures left and right. So here is the picture, our one claim to fame. G.J. was really sad because he was talking while the picture was being taken, oh well. I hope he has a great music career, and doesn’t let the fame get to his head too quickly.
So, it has been a whirlwind of a week, yet again. I am looking forward to things slowing down a little and enjoying a lazy fun summer. Have a great day!
p.s. I have cute pictures from a fun park day with Mandy and Janice and from Hallie’s Dance recital, which we also did last week, but I will post those later.


10 comments:
Oh I love the new hair cuts! Every boy needs a "summer do" like that.
And I just have to ask... what one earth was your brother doing having a Modbe party?
Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I bet it feels good to be back home - you guys have been so busy already this summer. How fun!
You know that I am just GIDDY with excitement right now!!!
That is so cool, and GJ, WAY TO STEP OUT OF THE BOX!!!!!! how funny.
And, don't worry about the boy's haircuts.... They are still cute no matter what their hair looks like! (Quayd got buzzed on Thursday too!!)
I think the boys look so dang cute. Summer do's are always fun
I was wondering the same thing about Chris... why was he havingh a Modbe party?
And GJ... you are my hero, I am sure you had the nervous poops just for thinking about talking to David A. I am a tad bit jealous.
I know buzz cuts arent the cutest but they are more practical for hot summers. Funny, a little friend of bridgers cut his own hair so his mom buzzed it off, he looked in the mirror and said he now looks like bridger. I also like doing it because it makes bridger look a bit younger, like when he was a baby. The last time I did it, he didnt look as young has he has in the past so I guess he is growing up now. Your daughters hair is beautiful. Fun weekend. (I dont watch American Idol so I am all lost on all of that, sorry, I know I am the only person that doesnt watch it.
hey kandice, i love the haircuts. i've kind of been wanting to do that to makade, but i am to much of a chicken to cut off his curly hair. that is awesome that g.j. got his picture taken with david. in that pic. they look like they could be brothers or something!
you photoshopped that, that isn't real ;)
Thats cool, sounds like you have been one busy girl!!!
I'm glad your home and safe and sound!!
I like the boys hair cuts. Its so funny how much a buzz can change someone, I think Brady looks funny with his, but he loves it!!They are easier though I will say.
Oh by the way, we found a place. I will be blogging about it, but its right next to Lauren mcclellans house she grew up in!!
Take care!!
Joce
I have to admit I was one worried you hadn't been blogging but I figure summer is just busy. I'm still laughing about GJ. THat is so funny.
Uh, ya, that is the only haircut my boys know. They love to have Papa Mac cut their hair. They don't sit still for much more than a quick buzz. Umm... GJ... ya, pretty sure I am so jealous because I love little Archie.
Okay, I can see your new posts now! Brian had a magic trick that worked.
I still can't believe GJ went up to David A.!!
Hallie looks so cute and grownup in that picture. You are going to be hating life in 8 or so years when she starts dating. She's gorgeous!
The boys look cute with their haircuts! They would be cute no matter what!
Okay, now I feel better that I know you are alive and well and back to blogging!
Your boys are so cute!! It is a pain when their hair gets long, Easton's is so long right now, it is hanging past his ears, and I can't stand it. I agree with everyone, go G.J.! I know I wouldn't have the guts!
Post a Comment