We had our first camping trip of the summer over the weekend. It was so much fun. My parents love love and I mean love camping. Me…not so much, especially with 3 little kids to keep safe, somewhat clean, and we had a dog to take this year as well. My parents bought a brand new camper that will fit our whole family. They finally got the hint that we will never buy a camper of our own, or ever have a truck to pull it with. The new 5th wheel they got is enormous. I was going to take pictures, but it would not do it justice. Just a few of its amenities: 4 queen size beds, 2 full size beds, A/C and heat on demand, built in generator, gas tank, water tank, cherry cabinets, granite countertops, central vacuuming, etc.—you get the picture. It is nicer than most people’s houses…yet we drag it out into the boonies and stay a few nights and call it “camping.” Lol.
Anyways, they had been there since last Wednesday. My dad picked up Kayler and Hallie on Friday night. G.J., Gavin, and I headed up Sat. afternoon. It had snowed the nights before we came, but luckily was warming up a little by the time we got there. We had a nice hike, yummy dinner, and settled in and everyone slept very well.
We only stayed until Sunday afternoon, and then decided we had enough. As you can see from the pictures, Kayler was a little beast. He had a cute little leash that we had to attach him to or else he would run away. We all had to take turns walking him around. At one point when we all wanted to play a little bocce ball, we had to tie him to a tree…is that child abuse??? Nah, he had toys, drinks, snacks, and we were right there by him. Hallie and Gavin were very easy. They went on several adventures and know their limits of how far they can go. I think Dexter had the most fun of all. He was SUCH a good dog. He surprised me so much. He just stayed right at our camp and played with all the other people’s dogs. He had a permanent smile… (Yes, dogs can smile)…the whole time. I was so happy that we can take him and let him out of our boring back yard for awhile.
Anyways, I am sure I will be doing lots of posts about our camping adventures this summer. Have a great day! And Hooray for summer- let the fun begin!


4 comments:
Oh, I wish you could go camping with us. I love camping. last year we even went to church in a "BRANCH" with a phone line to another island to listen to church. There were 4 other people besides us, which were 10 more. hehe. it was such an experence
okay those pictures are so beautiful, they are to die for!! Wow, and the camper sounds like a blast. Who needs to ruff- it when you have that!! I'm glad you guys had fun!!
Looks like fun. I myself am not a huge camper, but I don't mind it once in awhile!
What a fun trip. You totally made me want to go camping. Especially if I can go in style with yoru parents camper.
Post a Comment