Thursday, May 8, 2008

Hallie's Field Trip

Hallie had her field trip today at school. I have not helped near as much as I would have liked to in her class, so I was so glad (and so was she) that I could go today.
It was a pretty lame field trip, considering what some of the other grades did for their field trips, but they are in first grade, so what can you expect. It will get funner and better when she is older. We went to the city offices, the library, and the park. I don't think the kids cared where we went, as long as they were out of school. It was so fun to see her interact with her friends and to have a good time. Most of all, she was SO happy to have me there. I bet in a few years she won't be so happy to have me along, so I will take all I can get while I can. Here are a few pics:

Here is us on the busHere they are at the city offices, looks very intriguing, doesn't it.Here is the fire truck, the last picture is actually a tribute to two Firefighters who had lost their lives in 9/11-the fire truck came from NYC, and they had used it to respond to 9/11 and then our fire dept. bought it.
Here they are recording a small segment for the Radio Station.
Here is the library.Here is the park with her cousin Alli.

4 comments:

galleygrapevine said...

Field trips are fun! I'm going on the 5th grade trip with Eli on Monday. We get to go to the Water Treatment Plant. Sounds like a thrill to me!

Janice {Run Far} said...

Fun fun fun-

Kelli said...

It looks like they had fun. The two of you look great together.

Brian, Nikki, and Nevie said...

It looks like you had fun! It's so sweet that Hallie was so happy for you to be there. I am excited to do things like that.