Thursday, May 1, 2008

The curse of my cookbook...maybe???

So everyone was really excited to see what my complaint was about my cookbook. Well, it is not that exciting at all actually. It is what leads me to my next update of the week, and that is trying to lose weight.

I don’t know if it was coincidence or not, but the same week I got the cookbook, I started putting on weight. I have always had a pretty easy time losing weight. I am never stick thin, but I can lose weight and keep it off fairly easy. Well, I have no idea why having this cookbook would change that, but I have a few thoughts.

First off, like I said yesterday, I don’t really remember how we ate before my new book. I still eat the same breakfasts, pretty much the same lunches, and exercise just as often. The main thing is that the new dinners I make are much larger. I think I used to just make barely enough and I would always serve myself last, giving my family all I could. With the new recipes, there are always ample amounts, and so I just take a huge serving, and even have enough to save for lunch the next day.

That is my suspicion of why I am having a really hard time getting this extra 10-15 lbs off, but who knows…maybe it is something totally different. Oh well, summertime is easier to lose weight in, if summertime would ever come! It is so hot, so I feel like eating less. I can run and play outside and camp and hike and bike and get back into my normal shape.

So sorry it wasn’t anything amazing, but I had to draw out my update week…lol. Have a good day!!! Tomorrows update will be about one of my favorite things.

3 comments:

Kelli said...

I would like to agree with that except I cooked enough before, so thats not it for me. I think its my age. LOOSE it before you hit your 40's hehe

The McClellan Clan said...

hmmm, well that does sound like a problem??? I guess your just going to have to throw away those yummy leftovers ;)
But hey that would be a problem so its a good one for you, but I still am going to check them out. hopefully it can help me out a little

Janice {Run Far} said...

One of your favorite things? i know it must be about me right? JK