So, I woke up to breakfast in bed. My favorite, French Toast made with thick
I went into the kitchen and found this:
Shocked, Surprised, Happy, Amazed…all emotions I felt when I seen it. #1 G.J. had gotten me something this year for a change. #2 MY HUSBAND DID A CRAFT. #3 He thought of it all by himself, and it wasn’t the one thing I had told him to get. #4 There was candy on it, need I say more. And #5, Hallie added a cute little blue bird on there because she just knew I would love it. Isn’t it the cutest thing ever!!! He also got me a gift certificate to the nursery I had wanted so I can get my flowers and vegetables and stuff.
The day went on nicely. The weather was beautiful, and I really enjoy watching my kids play outside and soak in the sunshine and fresh air. I had to teach Hallie’s class at church. I helped them make another little craft for their Moms. They were so cute and excited.
After Church, we had 4 stops to make. I am so lucky to still have 2 grandmothers alive. We also have my mom and mother in law in town. So, we started at one end of town and ended up at the other after visiting them all. I am so grateful for all 4 of them. They are special in their each unique way, and I love them all with all my heart.
So, I told G.J. that this was a great start to the way that Mother’s Day should be, and he agreed. I hope you all had a good day as well!
10 comments:
I'm so glad you FINALLY got an awesome Mother's Day. GJ's a keeper. (:
Well, you've been married twice as long as I have, and you are so wise. I guess I need to take your advice--next year I will be VERY specific about what I'd like him to do for Mother's Day!
we really have so much in common. I also love peanut butter on french toast or pancakes. Not everyone does you know. Love the candy bouquet. Thats a great day.
I'm glad you had a great Mother's Day. You deserve it! For a long time i've been telling Wyatt what I want for Mother's Day, Birthday, Christmas, whatever. That is if I don't go out and buy it myself. Hey it works, everyone is Happy. I am loving my new swimwear that I got for Mother's Day,
I am glad you had a great day! I have always made a list and told Mike exactly what I want, where he can get it, what size, and the cost for Christmas, birthday, and every other holiday I expect gifts for. I guess I saw my mom get disappointed and my dad frustrated so I thought I would make it easy on him. Kind of silly, but it guarntees that I am not disappointed. Mike does like to get surprises though and it kind of drives his nuts!:) Oh well! What do ya do?
I am glad you had a great day! I have always made a list and told Mike exactly what I want, where he can get it, what size, and the cost for Christmas, birthday, and every other holiday I expect gifts for. I guess I saw my mom get disappointed and my dad frustrated so I thought I would make it easy on him. Kind of silly, but it guarntees that I am not disappointed. Mike does like to get surprises though and it kind of drives his nuts!:) Oh well! What do ya do?
bug.... I left a great comment and it didnt go through.. RATS...
Ok I can't get over that thing GJ made for you. He is so cute and sweet and thoughtful, I want to come over and have some chocolate..JK
Happy late mothers day to you.
Happy Mother's Day! That is a cute craft your husband did! Impressive!
Yeah! That's so cute what GJ made for you. How fun. Thanks again for letting us borrow the table. We totally appreciated it.
Come by my blog and visit. I have something for you. Kelli
That is a really cute craft! Good job GJ!!! I'm glad you had a wonderful mothers day! You really deserve it! I can tell your such a good mother to your kids!
Post a Comment