Saturday was Gavin’s preschool graduation. He had such a special day. Kayler and Hallie had gone camping with my parents the night before, so it was just the 3 of us-Gavin, G.J., and Me. We have never gotten to spend a whole day with just him, so we let him choose everything he wanted to do so it would be extra special. Our day went like this: We watched cartoons and had his favorite cereal in the morning. Then he had a bath in Mom and Dad’s BIG tub. We made a quick stop at the shoe store…he really wanted to-lol. Then we went to Burger King for lunch because they have the Indiana Jones toys and who wouldn’t want one of those!? Next we headed to his very favorite candy store, Little Sweet Pea. He got to choose 2 things, and boy was he stoked. Then we headed over to his graduation.
We got good laugh out of our little Gav. The funniest part was when they were doing the pledge of allegiance in sign language with their eyes closed. It was so funny because he VERY NOTICEBALY peeked at the teacher the whole time. All the other kids had their eyes shut, but not good old Gavin, everyone was laughing so hard at him. I have it on video; I can’t wait to re-watch it. Along with that, he wiped his nose on his shirt sleeve about 10 times, rubbed his eyes very hard and yawned like 5 times, and just mouthed the words to the songs, he never really sang. What a little stinker he is!
Hallie went to this same preschool. They make a video of all the pictures from throughout the school year and show it at graduation. The music to the video made me cry when Hallie went, and yep, made me cry again this year. I added it to my play list, so you will have to listen. It is SUCH a good song with such a perfect title, “Let them be Little.” After the program we headed off to what Gavin was most excited about-our first camping trip of the year! We all had so much fun; I will blog about it next.
Anyways, I am very grateful that my kids could have had such good preschool teachers. Hallie had them 2 years ago, and then Gavin had them this past year. Mr. Ross is Mrs. Young's dad, if you can follow that. So it was a father-daughter team teaching my sweet little kids. They are the best in every way. This was the last year they were teaching, so I feel very lucky to have had my kids be blessed by their talents. Mr. Ross actually had to stop mid-year, but Gavin never forgot him. Thanks Mrs. Young and Mr. Ross!-we will miss you, and I hope to stay in touch. :)
4 comments:
OMG! That's so funny - you SO need to share the video with everyone!
that is so cute!! He is adorable!!! We do need to get the kids together!! Isn't it sad how fast they grow up!!
I bet he was in HEAVEN getting all the attention from mom and dad!! THat is so cool.
so sweet. ITs been so many years since I had preschool age children. Bridger starts preschool in the fall.
I agree Mrs. Young and Mr. Ross are the best preschool teachers. I am sad that they are leaving. I will miss them. I am glad that they were able to teach two of my children. I love the videos too. It is so fun to see some of what your kids did during the school year. Gavin is so cute. What a great day for him.
Post a Comment