WooHoo! The yard sale was a success. I am so TIRED! We made close to $500. Not to bad for a morning's worth of work. I guess it did take time and effort to get it all ready, but still, that is great. My mom took $180 of the money, and gave me the rest, even though it was most of her stuff that we sold.
I was so excited, she is so good to me. We will pay our tithing, put some in savings, give the kids each $20 (since we sold a lot of their old toys), and I think I will get a long awaited and much needed pedicure. I think there will even be enough to take the kids to dinner and a movie, something we haven't done in AGES.
We didn't have to take very much to D.I., so that was good. We had a steady stream of cars from 7:30 a.m. until about 12. It was crazy, but good. My friends Mandy and Janice had one at Janice's house too. They were super busy too and both made a lot of money. Guess today was a great day for a yard sale! I am SOOO over the yard sale idea for at least a few more years...until I gather enough junk to do it again!!!
Have a great Mother's Day everyone! I think you are all great mother's and I am very lucky to have such great friends, I love ya all!
4 comments:
I was wondering how your yard sale went today. I saw the steady stream of cars. We branded all morning. Good job on your great success. Also, thank you again for all those clothes. That was so generous of you. I'm so grateful for giving people like you. Happy mother's Day tomorrow.
I am so glad it went so well, I thought about you and your day. Its always nice to have a few extra hundred dollars and to put a little in savings and then have fun. Great job. I cant part with my junk and believe me its junk, as soon as I do, I wish had if for some reason.
Great job! I need to do a yard sale soon. It seemed like the thing to do today.
Happy Mothers Day Kandice!
Post a Comment