WoW! That is all I can say. We have had such a nice weekend. The past few weekends have been filled with traveling, yard sales, etc. and we have not had a chance to actually stay home and do normal “weekend” stuff.
Friday was busy doing odds and ends here and there. Then Hallie and Gavin got invited to stay the night in my mom and dad’s new camper. They had SO much fun, and were in heaven. When we walked in to see it the first time, Kayler said, “Oh me gosh!” It was so cute. Saturday started off earlier than normal. We never wake up before like
After that, we had a lot of yard work to do. We got SO much done and it felt so good. Yard work is therapeutic to me. I like things clean on the inside of my house, and when I look out the window, I need to see things clean there too. After that the day was a little bit of a blur consisting of yard work, housework, errands, a little shopping, Kayler taking a marker to our vinyl fence, Kayler getting bit by the dog, more Modbe orders, family, friends, food, the kids and G.J. going to the new Narnia movie, washing the car, hmmmmmmm, what else??? It was busy. I will not bore you with all the details.
One of the good things about these kinds of weekends is that I get to take the time to actually listen to all the funny things the kids say. When we are traveling, things are hectic, and we are usually in the car with the kids watching a movie, G.J. sleeping, and me driving. They have been hilarious this weekend. Every time they said something, I thought, “I need to blog about that, or write that down.” But, I didn’t, so now here I sit and I can only remember a few funny things that were said. There were also many photo opportunities, but yet again, I slacked.
Hallie had a friend over on Friday. She is from her class at school. Her name is Hunter. Well, in their class at school, there are 2 Hunter’s. So they call one Hunter R. and the other Hunter W. Well we had Hunter R. at our house. Hallie was playing and I was peeking in on them. I would hear Hallie say “Hunter R. lets play littlest pet shops.” Then I heard her say, “Hunter R. let’s go outside.” Finally I took her aside and told her that she does not need to call her Hunter “R” when they are outside of school. Finally after like 10 more times she figured it out.
Another thing was something Kayler said when Hallie walked into the door from school with her little friend. They went straight outside, and he looked up to me and said, “Hallie, Friend, Outside?” It was so sweet that he is starting to notice things. He is also starting to sing- I am a Child of God, The ABC’s, and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. Along with that, when I read stories to him, I will look in his book baskets and say, “let’s see,” as I am choosing a book to read. He wanted me to read him book after book yesterday, and he would look up to me and say, “Let’s see!” after every one.
Gavin and Hallie acquired 3 new pets while staying at my mom’s house, like they always do. They have come home with things like butterflies, cotton-tale rabbits, bugs, etc. The creatures always die under their care, and I hate it, but I know that it is so fun for them to have the adventures they do. Well this time they came home with 2 scorpions and a big furry caterpillar. Hallie told me, “I REALLY need to take those scorpions to school with me because there are only 5 days of school left and I need to show my class that I am cool.” Gavin was in charge of the caterpillar on the way home. It pooped on him, he said it “bit” him, and then…he lost him. We have lost a caterpillar in the car before, and I was not too happy. I just knew that I would be driving down the street and have a little fluffy thing show up in my ear or something. Well I searched the car for the darn thing with no luck then I put Gavin down for a little nap and asked him one more time where it was. Well just then it came crawling out of his pocket. Gavin told him, “hey you little monster, get back in there.” BOYS!!! I will tell you what, they are trouble…lol.
Anyways, it was a great weekend, we got a lot done, made a lot of memories and most of all, it is WARM!!! It was like 86 yesterday, and I very happily cranked on the central A/C for the first time!! Hooray! Have a great day!
6 comments:
I dont have half that energy. WOW, you got alot done, I need a nap just reading it all. do you have more hours in your days than we do in our state. hehe just kidding
It sounds like you guys had so much fun. I just love summer. It seems like I'm happier, I get more done in the day, I just love it. I think we went from winter to summer this year - there wasn't really a spring. I love the caterpiller story - that's too cute.
hi kandice, i laughed and laughed reading the stories about your kids, they are so dang cute.
I don't know what I will do with boys...I can't handle creepy-crawly things!!
Sounds like you had a fun weekend! I really wish I could have stopped by to visit you...I miss you!
by the way, you were the friend i was referring to when i was telling brittany what kind of car she should get!!! cause i think yours is pretty great!
Post a Comment