Saturday, March 22, 2008
What a Trip!
What a trip! We arrived safely home to find our kids, dog, and home in good shape. Doesn’t it seem that having a little vacation almost requires a vacation to recover? I am pooped.
We arrived in SL and got a lot of shopping done. It was much much harder than I thought it would be to spend money on myself. I did manage to get it all spent though. I got a few Capri/shorts and shirts. It took all I had to completely avoid the children’s clothing stores. It is just a lot more fun to buy for them. It costs less, it fits them better, and they look cuter.
I had a nice massage. The massage therapist said she could definitely tell I had kids. My back was in pretty bad shape. It was an hour massage, but I could have laid there the rest of the day!
We ate at the Melting Pot. For those who haven’t had the chance to go there, you better schedule it in. It was so fun. I love doing fondue. We had bread and vegetables with a cheese fondue. Then we had a yummy salad. Then they brought out the meat. Although it was SUPER good, I am not a meat person, so I let G.J. enjoy it to his little heart’s content. Then the good stuff came. Every dessert you could think of, brownies, cheesecake, fruit, marshmallows, pound cake, rice krispies, etc. all dipped in a caramel/milk chocolate mixture. It was great.
After dinner, we went to the Jazz game. G.J. was in high heaven. He was so excited. I was just excited to see Kyle Korver, he is a H-O-T-T-I-E! Our seats were o.k. They were high up enough though that it still kind of seemed surreal, like we were still watching on TV or something. We had an irate granny sitting behind us, yelling at every single thing. I wanted to turn around and say, “look granny, no matter how loud you yell, they won’t hear you, and they won’t care…lol.” I am ashamed to admit, I had a large case of ADD while we were there. I played with my hair, went to the bathroom 5 times (maybe because I had 5 cokes at dinner), walked around, talked to G.J., and looked at anything other than the game. I get really nervous at competition type things. It was made worse by the fact that it was a tough game, and the Jazz lost no matter how loud G.J. screamed. I was sad for G.J., I wanted it to have a happy ending, but I think he really enjoyed it.
We stayed at the Anniversary Inn. We had the South Pacific room. It was just a tropical type thing. It had a really cool tub that was surrounded by rocks, and the water ran down the rocks like a waterfall into the tub. I didn’t sleep all that well, it was cold, then hot, then cold, etc.
We got an early start and headed down to G.J.’s eye appointment. It was a long day at the Dr.’s office, but despite the wait, we left with G.J’s new eyes. I knew his eyes were bad, but didn’t know how bad until we talked to the Dr. She pretty much said that eyes as bad as his don’t come along all that often. He has a prescription of -8.00 in both eyes. He sees at 5/400 or 20/1600. That basically means that what G.J. can see at 5 feet, a person with normal eyes can see at 400 feet. That is well over a football field in length. How sad is that. He also has a large case of astigmatism in one eye to go along with it. I got to watch the surgery on a TV in the waiting room. It was disgusting, absolutely made me sick.
We made a quick trip to Costco to bulk up our food storage. The drive home was nice. G.J. slept pretty much the whole way, and I listened to my wicked awesome new CD… “Totally 80’s” It is my favorite! One thing I learned from this trip. I’m not a fancy/city type person. G.J. and I thought of the money we spent on dinner and our hotel, and cringed. I would be just as happy at a meat and potatoes type restaurant and at a Hampton Inn/Marriott type hotel and be just as happy. So unless we get really really rich one day, we probably won’t go back to either of those places. This little getaway was great, it went so well, but all that really mattered was that I was with the person that I love.
p.s. I will post “after” pictures of G.J.’s eyes a little later, they are really really bloodshot right now. Have a great day and a great EASTER!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
Thanks Kandice, I love you too, that was a great weekend! :)
Happy Easter-
loved the granny comment I lol!
Its nice to just get away sometimes. We have been to the melting pot before, it was fun. I bought a couple fondue pots for at home, we use to do it before B and K came along, now it seems kind of dangerous. hehe, maybe when they are a bit older and can sit still. The massage sounds wonderful. I have a gift card for one and am waiting for the perfect time to go (when I can come home and relax after to get the entire effect) thanks for sharing your great weekend away (we need one)
That sounds so fun. I'm so glad you had a great time!
I love going on trips! But I am like yo, I hate spending money on hotels and food. If I am going to spend that kind of money I would rather have it for clothes or something for my house. It lasts longer that way :) Glad you had fun.
I'm glad you had a great weekend. It's always nice to have a mommy and daddy alone weekend without the kids.
Post a Comment