Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Here we Go!

So after weeks of anticipation, G.J. and I finally get a break----sort of. We are leaving the kids with my mom for Thursday and Friday and headed out to the city. We have a lot of shopping to do. I got some birthday money, and unlike what I have done in the past, I am going to actually spend EVERY cent of it on me. In years past, I usually forget myself and buy stuff for the kids instead. After looking at their closet's compared to mine, I decided there are no more excuses. I am getting me some stuff for my birthday with the money G.J's parents and my parents gave me no matter what. My brother got me a gift certificate for a massage, so I finally get to have that done. We are going to eat at The Melting Pot, which we have been wanting to do forever. G.J. got tickets to the Jazz game for his birthday. They are playing the Laker's, so it should be exciting. We are then staying at the Anniversary Inn, something we have wanted to do forever too. Our anniversary isn't until May 13th, but we figured we don't get away enough, so we might as well celebrate while we can. Friday morning G.J. is going to have his life changed FOREVER...lol, j/k that sounded intense didn't it. He is finally getting Lasik Eye Surgery. I am so excited for him. He has incredibly bad/blind eyes. His eyes are allergic to contact lenses, and so he has to have big thick glasses. I can't wait until he has the chance to see well like the rest of the world! He deserves it. After that, we have a gift card to Costco to use, that will be lots of fun...for me at least. So, wish us luck. It is going to be a whirlwind trip. We never get away, let alone get away without the kids. Even further than that, most of the things we are doing have already been paid for with gift cards, that makes it even better! So we are having a birthday, anniversary, shopping, eating, gaming, staying, surgery, etc.etc.etc. type of a trip,-sounds tiring to me, but I am excited. It sure seems that the kids have been naughty today. I think it is actually me so excited to have a little time alone, that I am being impatient with them. Well, have a good day, weekend, and Easter everyone! Stay tuned for pictures of our trip, if I even get a chance to take any!

12 comments:

Stephanie said...

Isaw your blog on all-k-names...I am sooo jealous that you are going to The Melting Pot. If you haven't been there before, you are in for a HUGE treat! We recently moved to Alaska from CA and I have been craving The Melting Pot!

The McClellan Clan said...

Girl you post just fine. Don't you worry. i like seeing all your posts!!! Well I did go private. I wasn't going to I was just going to erase everyones email addresses, then I looked at my visit counter, and ever since I posted those pics of my kids I had 1000 hits. I just thought that was crazy!!!! So I did it. But anyways. Your trip sounds like so much fun!!! I'm excited for you. That will be so fun!! I saw GJ today at his work!!! That was cool!!
I hope you have fun, and come home safe!!! There is supposed to be a bad storm in the mountains tomorrow so be really careful!! take care

Wonderland Girl said...

Holy cow! Have fun Kandice! I'm super super jealous of your husband. Who's doing his Lasik?? Talk to you when you get back!

Kelli said...

Sounds wonderful!!! Have a great time.

Danielle Hacking said...

Hope you guys have a great time, and get to enjoy yourselves, all that you listed sounds fun fun fun! The melting pot is so yummy, we went there for our anniversary last summer, it was so fun!

Anonymous said...

That sounds like so much fun! And I'm glad that you decided to spend the money on yourself - you deserve it! It will be such a fun weekend for you guys!

Michele and Wyatt said...

I'm jealous. I would love a weekend without kids. And I really want to go shopping. I hope you two have a wonderful time. Good luck with the eye surgery. Wyatt had his done about a year ago and loves it.

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

How fun!! It seems like Vernal is a black hole that sucks you and never lets you out.:) Have a great weekend!

Janice {Run Far} said...

Have fun, I am totally jeaouls of GJ, I want and need the surgery too. Buy lots of good stuff for your self... See you Saturday, I need to get you your present this weekend cause I will be leaving Monday.

Jesenia said...

I hope you have a wonderful time. Bryan got lasik about 4 years ago, and has loved being able to see without contacts. Yeah for GJ, hope all goes well. And have a wonderful Easter.

Brian, Nikki, and Nevie said...

I hope you guys are having a blast right now. You definitely deserve a break! I hope GJ's surgery goes well, too.
Let us know how the Melting Pot and Anniversary Inn are. We want to go to both as well (if we ever get to the point that we dare leave Nevie overnight).

Josh and Kristen said...

Have fun! The Melting Pot is great. Can't wait to see pictures of your weekend!