Friday, March 7, 2008
I'm Losing It!
So I have posted on here before about my compulsive obsessive disorder with being organized and all about my little white board that helps me in that journey. Well, the other night, I was making my list for the next day. On Sunday nights, I write all the things that I have for that week, and then the night before, I erase them from the list at the bottom, and move them up to the top for the next day. I was doing that and my dry erase marker died out on me. Well in the process of getting a new marker, I forgot what I had erased and had to do the next day. I kind of panicked, but thought if it was very important that I would remember. Well, I didn’t and it didn’t hit me until the next day while eating breakfast what I had forgotten. I forgot picture day for Hallie. I sent her to school in a white shirt, her hair in an 80’s style side pony and she didn’t look “picture day ready” as I would have liked her to. As soon as I remembered, I called the school to see if 1st grade had taken pictures. They had, so I was out of luck. They were doing portraits for siblings at 12, so I took my boys in. I asked the photographer if I could see Hallie’s picture, he said no. I asked if they did retakes, he said no. What a helper he was. Oh well, It might be the best picture she has had! You never know. As if I wasn’t anal enough already with my list making, now I am even more so since I forgot something so important. I will always have a fresh dry erase marker close by too…Boy sometimes I think I need HELP! So, stay tuned for the pictures and have a great weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Just wait until all the kids are in school, more to remember. hehe You are doing a great job. Kelli
Oh, I would have freaked major about forgetting picture day, too. What kind of a company doesn't do retakes, anyway? That's dumb. When you told the story about how you sent her to school in an 80's side pony tail it made me think of that girl on Napoleon Dynamite! tee-hee.
were on for december chicky! lol right it on your white board asap!!
Sometimes I wish I would be a little more worried about being organized. I want things to be organized, but not so organized that I feel tied down to a set routine. Does that make sense? It's the yellow in my personality that needs a little spontanity now and then. I am so sorry though, I would have freaked out about missing picture day too. I probably wouldn't have been so nice to the photographer either. Dumb. You have to pay for them, they should make sure you are happy with it.
I can't wait to she her picture. I 'm sure she'll be very cute. Hey I dig the side ponytail thing. What a memory it'll be. Britt
Post a Comment