So my husband is a stinker for hacking into my blog account and putting my Birthday thing up. But thank you for all the Birthday wishes. I will talk more about my B-day in a sec, but I need to give a quick recap of our Easter.
So, Easter sucked big time this year. First off, we usually go camping on Easter and have egg hunts and lots of fun. That was obviously not the case this year since there is still lots of snow and it is 35 degrees out….lol. Let me just say, that I LOVE Easter. I love the pastel colors, the candy, the cute springy things, the dresses, the candy, the Easter bunny, and just the overall concept of it. This year was no exception. I got the kids cute Easter stuff and did a cute little egg hunt and their baskets were the prize at the end. Our morning started off wrong when all 3 kids woke up sick. They all had yucky snot noses and I think it is allergies. So that was strike #1. Next, Hallie was SO ungrateful at her basket. She wanted some other toy the she just “could not believe the Easter bunny forgot.” That was strike #2. Nothing bothers me worse than ungrateful kids. We are very blessed, and I have taught my kids better than that. I even threatened to take away all her basket if she was going to act that way. Well, the kids continued to be sick, and G.J.’s eyes were still a little tender, so I decided church was not an option. After awhile I realized that the kids and G.J. could nap around the time church was, so I wanted to go to church. I really don’t like missing it, especially on Easter. So I wanted to take a picture of the kids in their Easter outfits, even though they weren’t going to church. This was o.k., because G.J.’s mom had sent some really cute matchy type things for them, and they weren’t super dressy, but so cute so that was their Easter outfits. I took the picture, none of them smiling or cooperating all that well, but oh well. Well, the cuteness lasted all of 4 minutes, because after the picture as we were eating lunch, Hallie just couldn’t wait for help opening her yogurt and she exploded a bright red yogurt on her nice clean dress. That was strike #3. I was spent on trying to make this a nice day. I angrily headed off to church. It was hard to see all the other families with their kids all dressed cute for Easter and for me to be all alone. It did lift my spirits a little though. I came home and had a small nap, and that did the trick. I was in a much better mood and we had dinner and went for a little drive. My parents came over to bring a little Easter present to the kids. Then, I wanted to focus on the true meaning of what Easter is about. We had a short video of Christ’s life, and I was so excited for the kids to watch it. We had tried in years past, but they were too small to understand. This year, they could not take their eyes off of it. They loved it. Gavin got very emotional around the time the Savior was crucified. It was truly so touching. After the movie, G.J. and I bore our testimonies to them and told them how much we love Jesus and them. It was only then that it finally got through my thick head that Easter is not about pastel colors, the candy, the cute springy things, the dresses, the candy, and the Easter bunny. It is about our Savior, who I love with every fiber of my being. That is all that matters, and next year I will remember that. I hope my kids won’t be sick next year, and I hope things are different all around.
Anyways, moving on. As G.J. broke the secret earlier today, it is my birthday. I am the big “25”. I tell everyone I am 25 but living the life of a 35 year old. Most people are like 35 before they have been married 8 years with 3 kids, but oh well! I will just honestly say, I hate my birthday. I have reasons behind it, and it is not because I hate getting older, that doesn’t bother me at all. The reasons I have are just not anything that I care to share with anyone, and definitely not the whole blogging world. Let’s just leave it at it is a hard day for me. I have had so many phone calls, emails, cards, gifts, and people doing sweet things for me today, and I would be an ungrateful brat not to thank them from the bottom of my heart. Mandy took me to lunch today, and it was so nice. We usually go out as a big group with all my friends, but my B-Day came at an odd time with Easter and Spring break and all. We came back to my house and she made our friend Holly’s famous cupcakes for me. My mom is making me dinner, and G.J. bought a cake for me. Is it weird that I don’t like homemade birthday cake? So, thank you to all who have wished me a Happy Day, and to those of you who will do so after this post. I truly appreciate it. Have a great day! :)
8 comments:
Kandice - hope you had a great day, I can't believe all of the things you remember about past birthdays. I'm glad you do remeber so I can be reminded.
Remember when you spend an Easter with us? - I should post the pictures!
Happy Birthday-
I already said happy birthday on your last post, but in case you don't go back and check it...Happy Birthday again. (:
Thank you soooo much for coming to Nevie's birthday party and for the CUTE clothes and socks. You really didn't have to do that! I am so glad I got to see you and your kids. And by the way...you look sooo good!!
Hope your day was great! Thanks for letting me share it with you!
By the way, MY picture of "us" is way better than yours!
Love ya!
I sometimes think our great expectations of the perfect day also put a damper on things when they start to go wrong, like it being strick #4
Sorry it was a hard Easter! But I am glad at the end it seemed to go better. It seems like a lot of kids were sick this Easter. That stinks! Hope everyone is feeling better now. Hope you had a great birthday as well.
Kandice- I am sorry to hear you had sick kids all around. That is miserable. It seems that you didn't let it get you down and you ended up having a wonderful Easter. Happy belated Birthday! I hate birthdays too but still know I was thining about you.
Oh, a good nap can always make things turn around. I'm glad your Easter turned out o.k. You have a way cute family.
Post a Comment