Sunday, March 9, 2008

Likes and Dislikes

Dislikes of my weekend:
-Taking the kids out to dinner: They were naughty, service crappy, food yucky, bill expensive.
-Grocery Shopping: Too many people, not enough money, choosing what to buy, loading it in the cart, loading it to the register, loading it back in the cart, loading it in the car, loading it into the house, putting it all away. A nap sounded much better.
-Cleaning up 4 months of dog poo that suddenly appeared after the snow melted. Yuck, need I say more?
-Kayler is learning how to climb out of his crib.
-The time change always makes me ornery.
-I missed Women’s Conference.
-I stepped on the scale and had magically gained 6.5 lbs. I bet it had NOTHING to do with the whole bag of Doritos, whole package of Oreos, 27 mini candy bars, and 1 bag of Jelly Beans I ate last week. That just couldn’t be it.

Likes of my weekend:
-Having a break from the week.
-Sleeping In.
-Going to a bridal shower with my friends.
-Going to the play on a real date with GJ, I couldn’t even tell you the last time we did that.
-Kayler, who is NOT a snuggly baby, let me hold and rock him and sing him all my favorite primary songs. That meant a lot to me.
-Worth mentioning again…Sleeping in.
-Finally coming to the conclusion that no matter what other people say and do, or don’t say or do to me, or how bad it hurts, I have the best husband who loves me unconditionally, and 3 of the best, most beautiful, healthy, and happy kids, who love me too. All of us together, living in a beautiful home with food in our bellies and a car to drive-Ending the day with a prayer and hope for tomorrow. That is all that matters. I hope I can come to that conclusion every day.

7 comments:

Kelli said...

when you told me you were going to get two weeks of grocerys (for your new cookbook) I decided to also. So I am so excited that next saturday we will probably only need milk, bread and salad. I think we might even be able to save 100.00 a month by shopping less often. Your an inspiration to me. Thanks

Paul and Megan Hawkes said...

In the end family and blessings is all that matters! You do have a darling family. It sounds like you are doing the freezer meals. If you are you are going to love it! Good luck.
Love,
Megan

Bryan/Erin said...

Hi Kandice! we need to plan our night out. so call me! ttyl

Danielle Hacking said...

You have a beautiful family, and you're right, at the end of the day, the most important people are surrounding you and love you.
Hope all is well in Vernal!
Love, Dani

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm with you on the sleeping in thing. I'm not much of a morning person myself. And this darn time change always is hard for me to get used to.
Also it really is so nice when we are able to have a date night with the one we love. It doesn't happen to often for Tim and I either. But when we have the change it sure is great!!!Britt

Janice {Run Far} said...

Oh my heck that was so cute-

Your number 6 or the last one on your likes, I had a huge smile on my face when I read it. You always seem to amaze me young lady. I have the same hopes for my future as well.

Have a good and most fabulous day.

The McClellan Clan said...

I love this post by the way!!! Its a good idea, and its okay to have likes and dislikes!!!!
I haven't been tested for that. I've been tossed around with to much to even know it exsisted till just a little bit ago. Ya we'll totally have to talk!!
Take care