Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Kayler, Baby Doll Shirts, and Spring Cleaning

So I needed to post this little video of Kayler being cute. He learned to say “Ready, Set, GO!” He was a little preoccupied making a total mess of his spaghetti, even being desperate enough to eat it from between his toes as you can see….lol. But if you listen closely you can hear him. He only says it right at the beginning. Then he just kept saying "cheese, cheese" over and over because I had the camera...lol. It has taken him a long time to learn how to talk, and he is learning more and more each day. So enjoy.

K, my next shout out has to do with those new “baby doll” shirts that are EVERYWHERE. They look very similar to maternity shirts. That is like all that is for sale now. I have a little bit of a problem with them. If you are stick thin, they look cute. If you are a little bigger, they look cute. If you are my size, which is right in the middle, you look pregnant if you wear one…. I bought one awhile back and wore it 1 time and was asked 5 times if I was pregnant. Or actually, let me rephrase that, they didn’t come out and say, “Are you pregnant?” They said things like, “so do you guys want anymore kids?” So I put the tags back on that shirt and took it back. Well this past week when I went shopping I decided that I don’t care what people think anymore. But just so every person who reads this knows, I AM NOT PREGNANT! Nor will I ever be again. Tell all your friends and neighbors….lol. Kandice and G.J. are both sterile. No more kids unless there is a true act of god and I somehow conceive, or unless a baby is dropped on our doorstep. No more babies for us. We are VERY blessed to have three beautiful healthy children. I am in no way mocking those who cannot have children. I have a lot of very close friends who are in that situation, and it is simply heartbreaking to watch. I am just simply saying, please let me be in fashion without thinking I am pregnant…There, that was my rant of the day.


On a whole different subject, I may not blog too often the next 2 weeks or so. It is spring cleaning time, my most favorite time of the year. My schedule is pretty tight the next little while, so I will check everyone’s blogs, but just not post to mine, so hang tight!!! Have a great day everyone!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I also love those cute baby doll shirts, but I am 'in the middle' and totally look pregnant wearing them. I think I might have to just go out and get me one and not care what people think, too!

Oh, goody! I love to spring clean, too. I haven't started mine though. Maybe you'll motivate me. I've been a TOTAL slacker mom the last few days so I need to get my butt in gear.

Have fun!

Kelli said...

take pics of before and after to inspire the rest of us to spring clean, then you cleaned and blogged all the in same day.

Brian, Nikki, and Nevie said...

I totally know what you mean about the baby doll shirts. I wear them anyway, though. I have some dresses like that, too. I'm sure my ward is buzzing about whether I'm pregnant or not. Oh well! They are comfy and I don't feel like I have to suck in all the time. LOL.

If you love spring cleaning so much, feel free to come do my house when you're finished. (: I need to get my mom to come babysit for a whole day while I do mine.

Danielle Hacking said...

Your little guy is so cute! Yeah, about the baby doll shirts, I bought a few, my mom literally told me to put them in the closet and save them for when I am preggo. I'm really short, so they are not that complimenting on me!Thank you for you nice comments on my blog, you are a sweetheart! Good luck with spring cleaning.

galleygrapevine said...

I just had to tell Kelli that if you took a before picture and an after picture of your spring cleaning, You wouldn't be able to tell the difference!!!! Kandice you are a NUT!

Paul and Megan Hawkes said...

So do you have a good system for spring cleaning? I like to spring clean. I started about a month ago. I love how clean everything feels and looks. To bad it doesn't last that long!

Michele and Wyatt said...

I feel the same way about those baby doll shirts. I have not bought any for the same reason, but for Easter I finally bought myself one, and I am not pregnant!

Anonymous said...

Oh, super cute new look for spring! I love it! Good job!

Kelli said...

I love your new look, but would it offend you if I asked to have your old look for my blog? email me if I can and tell me how, when you have free time. allknames@gmail.com

Wonderland Girl said...

yay for baby doll shirts. i always say, "I'm going to buy this and wear it until someone asks me if I'm pregnant, then it's gone."
I don't have too many left but I keep buying them anyway. :)