Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Kay-Kay's Horse



My sweet little niece Rachael calls my Kayler “Kay-Kay” She will be 2 in September, and he will be 2 in May. They are best buds. The name has stuck, and G.J. and I have found ourselves calling him “Kay-Kay” a lot lately. He is such a sweetheart. Such a stinker. Most of all, he is a joy to have around right now as he is learning to talk, play, and be silly.
He loves his bouncing horse in his room. We had to get a picture of him last night because he jumped as hard as his little body could. As soon as I brought in the camera, he stopped immediately and said, “cheese.” Hallie got the horse when she was the same age, and she did the same thing. She even bucked herself off on several occasions. It is crazy how similar Hallie and Kayler’s mannerisms are. I was watching some video of Hallie when she was around the same age as Kayler is now, and it is almost eerie how much alike their voices, actions, and personalities were at that age.
Kayler is finally starting to talk more, and mimic things we say. His latest word is “daddy” which he has said for a long time, but now he uses it with a meaning. He will wake up, look at me and say, “where daddy?” And then he will look for him and end up crying for a long time because he figures out he is not home. When I am getting after him for doing something naughty, or making him mad, he will cry “daddy!, daddy!, daddy!, daddy!” over and over thinking that will help. It is so funny, and I think it makes G.J. feel really good that his little boy loves him so much.
Another thing that he is doing that I am almost embarrassed to say is his knowledge in movies. We have a DVD player in our car, and he HAS to have a movie on no matter how far we are driving. He will watch nicely, until it is over or until the DVD menu comes up, and then he will say, “uh-oh, pu pway.” (push play) I think he learned that from Hallie and Gavin though.
He is truly a joy to our family. I feel like finally I am getting things right as I raise my 3rd child. The first two were trial and error, and now I am doing O.K., and don’t feel like such a failure. Since he is our last baby, we truly cherish every milestone. I find myself not wanting him to grow up, but I guess that is natural. He will always be my little “Kay-Kay.”

11 comments:

Janice {Run Far} said...

He is so darn cute, I can't believe he is almost two. wow time flys

Anonymous said...

Those are the cutest pictures! It would have been so much fun if he and Harli could have gotten together this weekend to play, too!

Kelli said...

Your youngest will be two in April. we are probably going through alot of the same things. So much fun. And she is also our last.

Brian, Nikki, and Nevie said...

He really is adorable! It's funny how he and Hallie have the same look, but Gavin has a look all his own. They are all so cute!
I really like how you've done the letters of his name on the wall. I have decided that when/if we get our new house, I need you to come stay for a weekend and help me decorate!

Kelli said...

glad you got the cookbook. I love love love it. all the meals so far have only taken 30 minutes from the time I walk into the kitchen until we sit down to eat. You can not get any faster than that and you didnt have to think about what to cook. Email me anytime. Allknames@gmail.com Let me know how it goes. Kelli

Kelli said...

sorry to keep bugging you. I also like the fact that the with the meals, that you didnt have to think about you also get Vit c everyday and Vit A twice a week. Did you get book one or book two. Kelli

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

He so cute!

Josh and Kristen said...

Cute pictures. Before I read what you wrote I was going to comment that he looked a lot like Hallie. Then, you had written about that. Funny.

Kristi said...

He is so cute! I agree, he does look a lot like Hallie, I think they look a lot like you, and Gavin looks more like your hubby. You have such cute kids.

Anonymous said...

What a cute little boy!!! I love his nickname(kay kay) very cute. Jaxon will be two in April also. I think I forgot how close they were in age. How fun!! Britt

Anonymous said...

Oh noooooooo! What did you do? If you deleted your links and everything in your html I have no idea how to get them back. Did you save your template since it did this?