Sunday, March 16, 2008

Nice Weekend











What is wrong with this picture!!!??? You will notice the snow first off. Next, the winter sign that is frozen in the ground. My Easter bunny décor stuck in the pile of snow. And finally, my “SPRING” letters, and my sweet little girl, who wanted to try out her new rain gear in the snow. Then Gavin joined the fun and had to go to the back yard to see if it was any better there. Sad to say, this morning we woke up to 3-4 more inches of the good ol’ white stuff. It does not seem like spring, easter, or anything of the sort. Yuck. Oh well, it is melting fast.
This was a nice weekend. We had really wanted to go to our ward’s temple night on Friday, but had zero luck finding a babysitter. I was really sad. G.J. and I have been to the temple at least once a month since we first went over 8 years ago. I know that once a month is a lot more than some people go, but it is a lot less than a lot of people too. Right now in our lives it is just a realistic goal we strive for. There have been a few times when we have skipped a month. The last time we had gone was in December when my brother got married. Then Christmas came, our 15 January birthdays, our trip to Phoenix, Kayler’s hospital stay, and all sorts of other things. I am so ashamed that we hadn’t found the time to go. I was so disappointed that we couldn’t go on Friday. My parents had some friends come to town though (they are our friends too) so we just hung out with them Friday night. They have 2 adorable little girls. It was a nice evening.
Saturday my grandma called to tell me that a cousin of mine (whose husband recently passed away) was going through the temple that morning, and asked if I could go. I of course jumped all over that chance. I felt bad that G.J. had to stay home, but he is so good to me and knows how much I needed to go. I also knew that it was really important to go and be with and help my grandma. It was a good thing I went. She is 82, and growing frailer with each passing day. I will do a complete post on her later, there is just so much to mention. Anyways, it was a wonderful morning and I just cherish those kinds of moments. While I was in the temple with my grandparents, I had the strongest impression that it would be the last time-but the sense of peace I felt was wonderful.
Hallie had 2 birthday parties on Saturday, and she thought she was the coolest girl ever. I was driving her to the 2nd party when all my wildest dreams came true as I drove past a Girl Scout Cookie booth on the street. Yes, it was snowing, and like 25 degrees, but I didn’t care, those Samoa’s had been calling my name for a few weeks now.
Hallie said the FUNNIEST thing ever the other day. We passed a daycare, with kid’s toys and kids and all sorts of stuff. She said to me, “Oh look mommy, there’s an orphanage, how sad.” I just bust up laughing and told her it was a daycare. She had no clue what that was. I guess I had just assumed she did. She was very concerned that the other kid’s mommies take them there while they work. In her little mind they might as well have been orphans. How sad is that!? I know that it is necessary for some moms to do that, but I am so grateful that I have the chance to stay home with my kids, no matter how tiring, tedious, boring, or how much money we miss out on if I were to work.
So with the temple, the friends, the party’s, the cookies, the cute kids, ----minus the snow, it was a great weekend!

9 comments:

The McClellan Clan said...

I'm glad you had a good weekend! I know the snow thing is getting on my nerves!!!! Especially when I left st.george it was 70 degrees. So if you read the post under my kids, I made a small little post, go check it out. I'm feeling better now, but the kids have colds. Emmy is draining like a broken faucet!!!! Hey what preschool teacher did you take your kids too??? Have you heard of Marianne Jolley??? Is she any good if you do?? take care

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

I love when I get a good weekend. I was so sad to see the snow!:( I feel the same way about staying home with our little Kenna. Nothing can replace having a mom in the home, and they grow up too fast. There is always time later to do other things but not always time to be with your kids. Hope you have a great day!

Jamie said...

LOL

Anonymous said...

Your little girl says the cutest things - I love her! She's so sincere and loving and concerned.

Danielle Hacking said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! I'm glad you got to go to the temple, we try to go once a month too, time goes by so fast, so sometimes it is hard, but so worth it. The orphanage comment is so funny!!!
Hope you have a good week, we'll be out on Friday, we should try to meet up!
Love, Dani

Kelli said...

sounds like a very nice weekend!

Janice {Run Far} said...

I love the pictures- It cracks me up- I love that little Hallie boo- she is my favorite-

The McClellan Clan said...

hey thanks for the info for preschool info. I'm gonna hook her up with marilyn!!
Hey I can't remember if I already asked you but can you send Nicole a comment asking her to hook me up. I didn't get on her new private blog!! she left me in the dust. my email is jocelynmcclellan@yahoo.com
Thanks
Joce

Michele and Wyatt said...

I'm glad you had a good weekend. You have such a cute family. I sometimes have problems finding babysitters too. We missed our ward temple night last month for the same reason. Next time give me a call. I would watch your cute kids.