Monday, March 31, 2008

Time to lose it.


Well crap. It seems that a little extra weight has snuck up on me. Actually, I know where every singe pound came from, but still, it snuck up on me and now I am mad. Let me give you a little glimpse of my weight history. I was never a big girl growing up, but not stick thin either. I was very athletic all through high school, and so I only weighed about 100lbs or so. I weighed 109 when I got married. Well, fast forward 3 kids and I weighed significantly more. After deciding that I wasn’t having any more kids, I decided that it was time to get the weight off. I did not in no way want to be that 109 lbs like I was before I was married, but I just wanted to be healthy. So in November of 2006 my dad and I enrolled in a nutrition course. He had taken it several times before, and done great. I decided to give it a try. All it basically entails is exercising 30 min/5 times a week. You have to include a bread, meat, milk, fruit, and vegetable at every meal. (No veggie at breakfast) It is SO simple to follow, yet so simple to fall off of. I lost 35 lbs in the 20 weeks that I took the class. I felt great, and it was so nice to have people tell me that I looked great too. I didn’t realize how big I had gotten until I tried on the pants that used to be tight and they were like 3 or 4 sized too big now. I have kept the bulk of the weight off since I ended the class last March. I did do the course once again in the fall, to get me on track for the winter when it seems so easy to gain weight.

Now here I am, I have gained 10 of that 35 lbs back, and I am FREAKING OUT. After working SO hard to lose weight, it is devastating to have it come back on. I know exactly how it came on. First off, my eating was horrendous, and I have had an incredibly bad sweet tooth lately. Next, I used to spend a lot of time on the treadmill. Now I have Kayler who sits by the treadmill and tries to touch it and it is just not working out. I try to do it when he naps, but that doesn’t seem to work either. I have the free membership to curves, but that is hard to find time to do as well. And third, I have never ever liked pop, and these past few months I have taken a liking to it, and I don’t care what you say, diet or not diet, pop makes you gain weight. So instead of giving up hope, I am stopping before it gets any worse. G.J.’s work has a “healthy Utah” program that we are starting tomorrow. They have testing twice a year and they check your cholesterol, blood sugar, blood pressure, weight, etc. Tomorrow just happens to be the first testing, so I figure what better time to start. They have incentives. If you lose 10 lbs, you get $60. If you exercise 100 times, you get $60. So I figure if I do that, and have the incentive to get $120 back, that will be worth it, not to mention I will be healthy and down to a normal weight for my height.

So, you wonder why I am telling you this entire boring story. Well, I am one who likes to be accountable. I know that tons of people read this blog. I am not going to post my actual weight. All I am going to do is at the end of each post, I will say how many pounds I am up or down since I posted last. I will start off at the number 15, even though I only gained 10, I would like to lose 15 so that I can have a little wiggle room and not be right on the edge of my correct weight. So you all have to motivate me and keep me going! Wish me luck, thanks for you help, and have a great day!

p.s. sorry if the little swear word on the cartoon picture above offends anyone..lol. but just picture me instead of that man there..lol, that is exactly how I feel.

9 comments:

Kelli said...

I weigh 40 pounds more than when Kevin and I got married 7 years ago. Bad thing is I gained it before the two babies, sitting at desk working massive overtime. I go to be with good intentions to be good but it all falls apart. And like you, that treadmill doesnt work with kids in the house. A good night sleep would help me get started and many good night sleeps would be very helpful.

Briana said...

Good luck with it all! Weight is a constant battle for me as well and I don't have any kids :) I just like food and I have a really big sweet tooth! I know you will make it happen. Plus take that $120 and buy new clothes after you lose the weight you want. That is my favorite part! :)

Mandy said...

Oh hell. that cartoon didn't offend me! just all the talk about weight loss did. damn damn damn.

jk you can be accountable to m,e... remember when we did that b4? that was real smart of us and I have been thinking about doing that again since my other parter flaked on me. lets talk.....

Danielle Hacking said...

I have been meaning to ask you about how you lost the 35 pounds, I think it sounds great, so good luck. I work out five times a week and haven't drank pop for over a year now, I don't ever eat sugar either, I'm not really loosing any wieght, but I am loosing inches, so that counts right?
Good luck!

Brian, Nikki, and Nevie said...

Hey Kandice...I'm not trying to "unmotivate" you or anything, but I thought you looked great at Nevie's birthday party!

I totally know what you mean about weight sneaking up on you...I had lost all my baby weight and I just realized today that 5 lbs. of it have come back. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the no-bake cookies I've been making at least once a week for a month..LOL. I wish I lived by you so we could exercise together.

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

Don't ya hate it! It seems like an uphill battle. Good luck with it all. The cartoon had me giggling, sometimes I feel like that too.

Anonymous said...

Okay, so I'm going to take your idea and post about me wanting to lose some unwanted weight. Maybe that will give me the bust I need to get going with it!! Good luck to you!! Let's getter done!!:) Britt

Jesenia said...

Good job, I have been trying to lose a little more before I get pregnant again. Good luck.

Janice {Run Far} said...

That is the funniest cartoon picture ever.... that is what I say when i get on the scale too.. Jk