So this post might be very boring for most, but it is important to me, and since this is my journal, I don’t want to forget this.
Erin and I met in the 9th grade. We were inseparable thereafter. You hear of people having soul mates, well she is my soul mate friend. We finish each other sentences, know exactly what each other are thinking, never have a dull or awkward moment, and just really get a long great. We had SO much fun together. As I look back on it, we really only hung out with each other back then. We would sometimes have boyfriends that were friends, and then the 4 of us would do stuff. We had lots of trips in her “gray ghost” car. She had her license before me, but was afraid to drive, so she would come pick me up and we (meaning me driving) would go all over. We once went on a 4 state road trip, along with my grandma and mom. That was so fun. I have just too many memories to even record.
I got married very young, and Erin headed off on her own course in life. She was a nanny in New Jersey and then came back and got married and moved right next door! I was so excited. We were both at different stages in life. She was having her first baby, and I was busy and overwhelmed with my 2 and I was pregnant again. I am so sad to say, but we only hung out a few times the whole time she lived right next door. We were visiting teaching partners though, so we did get to do that together. Now she is moving back into our ward, and I couldn’t be happier.
I talk to Erin on instant messenger a lot, and the other day, I was just really having a bad day. I told her I really needed to just “hang out”, just like the good ol’ times. She was needing a getaway too, so last night was the night.
Even though our lives have taken much different directions, we have always been there for each other, and the special bond we had was still just as strong and evident last night. We still think the same and enjoy the same things and have a lot of the same opinions. We decided to go shopping. Erin has great fashion sense, and I needed some help. We picked out a lot of clothes and headed to the dressing rooms. We started out in the same rooms, but then it just got too hard to go back and forth so yep…we brought all the clothes into the same room and had a blast. Back in high school we were always the exact same size, except her feet are smaller. Now, 8 years later and 3 kids for me and 2 for her, we are still the same size…I thought that was SO funny. Needless to say, we both left the store spending much more than we should have, but we both decided we deserve it.
We really needed a snack after that. It was like 9:30, so we got a root beer freeze and some yummy chocolate cake. As we were walking out, a car came speeding up to us. I was thinking, “Hmmm they must have an emergency or need directions, they did have an out of state license plate after all.” I don’t really like strangers, so I hopped into the car. They drove around to Erin’s side of the car and said, “Why hello ladies, how are you tonight?” Erin slammed the door, held up her wedding ring to the window and you should have seen the look on the poor kid’s faces. It was so funny. Erin was always my guy magnet in high school. She was the beautiful one, and attracted the guys. Looks like she has still got that charm!
We headed to Wal-Mart and did some Easter shopping. It brought back memories of our MANY Wal-Mart trips way back when. We had an obsession with chapstick, makeup, flip flops, clothes, jewelry, and etc.etc.etc.etc.etc.etc. What teenage girl didn’t, but we were OUT OF CONTROL. You just couldn’t stop us. We did stay away from the chapstick aisle, and I am happy to say that we are both the same-wanting to buy stuff for our kids. And that is just what we did.
I took her home a little after 10, both of us agreeing that we sure don’t have the energy we used to. We were so tired. I am so glad she went with me. It sure lifted my spirits a ton. I am so glad her husband let her come. Thanks Brian. I am so glad GJ is so good to me to let me get out once in a while. I always tell him a little break here and there makes a much happier wife and mommy. We both have great husbands, cute kids, and great lives overall. What more could we ask for. To Erin, thanks so much for being my “soul mate” of a friend. I am so excited to have her as a neighbor again, and to embark on this new chapter in our lives together. You’re the best! Have a great day!
p.s. she has a blog, the link is on the right. She has the cutest family.
5 comments:
That is so awesome- I am glad you were able to do something fun with someone that means so much to you and get your spirit lifted. Where did you shop? What did you get? I want some new clothes too..... LOL YOu do deserve it.
Sounds like you had so much fun. I find it hard to believe she was the guy magnet..... your really pretty. Have a good day with your memories
Hey, that sounded like a lot of fun. It is always fun to renew old friendships, and I know how wonderful Erin is. So I'm sure you had some good laughs. I think she can lift anyone's spirit. I have to call her all the time to help me out. When I come out there this summer we should all go out, and do something fun!!!
Britt
p.s You both really do have beautiful family's. And I just love looking at both your blogs.
So I'm so jealous. I've always wanted a total girlfriend, but that has happened twice at different points in my life. One steph jackson. We were inseperable until 6th grade then we didn't have any classes together and it made it hard, and then she moved away, 2 is a girl in Portland. Who I will forever die without and miss like crazy, but what can I do. I'm so glad Erin gets to move by you that will be awesome!!! I need to call you. We should get together!!! I'm glad you had fun, thats awesome!!
That's wonderful! I'm glad you had a chance to get out and have a break. And it's always better when you have a friend to do that with! I'm still trying to make some friends out here in Mizzo that I can go do that with. I'm sure it makes it that much better! I love Erin she is such a spirit lifter and so are you. I'm sure it was really great for her too!
Post a Comment