Thursday, October 30, 2008

Fall Fun and Festivities

Doesn't it seem that this fall/halloween season there have been so many more carnivals, festivals, parties, etc. than usual? It sure seems so to me. It was also Red Ribbon Week at the kids' school, so we had red shirt day, crazy sock day, wacky hair day, hero day, and tomorrow is hat day. I only got pictures of hero day. Gavin also has his Halloween party tomorrow, which I am in charge of the snacks. Tomorrow Hallie is going to our local care center (rest home) with her class to "adopt a buddy" that they can go visit. She is SO EXCITED...which I think is so special. Here are a few pictures of our latest fall adventures!
My little nephew Kolby at our Ward Carnival

Kayler, G.J., Emily, and Rachael Decorating the YUMMY cookies. Our Young Women and leaders did SO good on this carnival, my kids can't stop talking about how much fun they had.

Hallie and Gavin waiting to get their faces painted

Kayler, begging to leave. He did end up sitting in the car with G.J. As soon as he saw all the people, he looked at me and said, "keys, car, go."

These are not their actual Halloween costumes...lol. We have a huge Halloween box with all sorts of costumes. We were in a rush, so I grabbed what I could and dressed them and off we went. I am saving their actual costumes for tomorrow.

Pumpkins Before

Pumpkins After. I don't just love doing pumpkins. When I was little I always had to do it myself because my mom hated doing them. I ALWAYS...and I mean always ended up with a cut, and I hated it. This year I am proud to report I am cut free.

Trying to shake the leaves out of the trees....notice the missing pants...lol

Planting Daffodils

Planting Tulips

Drug Free Hero Dress-up Day. Gavin is a Scientist. Hallie is "Princess Emily" from her favorite book. We had SUCH drama with the costume. She wanted no shirt under it and no tights, with a REAL crown.....ugh little girls!

Kayler had a party at his little playgroup that he goes to at Prime Time for Kids. He was SO excited to be this "super hero" It is actually G.J.'s costume from 25 years ago. Can you believe it has lasted! Gavin has worn it, and it was finally Kayler's turn!





So-tomorrow, it is the big finale with Trick or Treating and all. And since all the stores have already torn down most their Halloween and Fall stuff, replaced it with Christmas stuff, and are playing Christmas Music (yes....yesterday I was in Wal-Mart and I heard music----Yah, it was Christmas Music already) I guess we better gear up for more parties and fun. Have a great day!

12 comments:

Lucky Me said...

I am so not ready for the christmas rush to start. But I love christmas music. I'm kind of sick that way. I could listen to it all year long if my husband would let me. Are you going to the trunk-or-treat? Hope to see you there.

Kelli said...

there was lots to this post but all I saw was a wonderful CLEAN garage. How come its so empty. MAN I LOVE IT. We have so much junk!

Kelli said...

BTW, your kids are really cute.

Hillary said...

You always get such great candid moments with your kids. Like the no-pants ones! Pants-less kids happen all the time around my house! So cute. Can't wait to see the "real" costumes if the subs were this good!

Ben and Marcie said...

Your kids are lucky to have parents who do so many fun things with them! They all look adorable!!

Nathan and Shanna said...

What wonderful memories though. At least you know your life isn't dull or boring. You have such cute kids! Call me sometime!

Danielle Hacking said...

How fun! I love this time of year! I love all of the pumpkin carving, carnivals, and costumes! Your kids are adorable, and they have the funnest parents! :)

The McClellan Clan said...

sounds like so much fun!!! You guys have really been busy with this halloween spirit of yours!! Looks like fun!!

TOYA said...

You look busy as usual. Love all the costumes

Janice {Run Far} said...

Only you would take your kids to a costume festivity and not put them in their real costume and save it for the big day... that my dear is one of the reasons I 'puffy heart' you so so much. They are cute as ever.

Brian, Nikki, and Nevie said...

Your kids look so cute in their "fake costumes"! And like kelli, I totally noticed the clean garage. What the heck? Nobody has a garage that clean!

I loved talking to you yesterday. I miss being able to just talk to you whenever.

Cara said...

Kandice,
Your kids are so darn cute! I loved Hallie's face for Halooween, it was so pretty! Glad to see you are doing so well...