Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween and Beyond

Halloween was very good this year. The day started out wonderful by making popcorn balls with my Grandma. It is a tradition, she has done it as long as I can remember. She gives candy to the "regular" kids, but for us grandkids and great-grandkids she gives caramel popcorn balls. She was convinced that if she didn't make them that nobody would come trick-or-treating...she is so silly. She didn't feel very good this year, so my mom brought her to my house and I helped her make them while my mom took my Grandpa to the Dr. (this is my grandpa who has cancer)I had to snap a picture, because I never want to forget the wonderful morning we had together.
The weather was absolutely perfect, so that made it all the better!!! We had the same lady who always paints our kids faces do it again this year. She does SO awesome, and it is SO cheap ($3). Hallie was a Graveyard Fairy (The Mummy Fairy costume was sold out...) She ended up looking more like a Gothic something because she took off her fairy wings after the first picture we took. Gavin was a vampire bat. What ever happened to kids being things like a ghost, witch, cat...lol. They got pretty creative with their choices this year. He had these vampire teeth that he insisted on keeping in all night. The good thing was that he couldn't talk with the teeth in, so we had a very quiet vampire all night! Kayler was supposed to be a monkey. Well, the time came to put the costume on, and he FLIPPED out. He was NOT going to be a monkey. He repeated over and over, "I no be Monkey man, I no be Monkey man." So we laid out his other options, and he chose the Superman costume. He LOVED the candy but hated all the people and chaos so he spent most of his time in his car seat watching a movie. You will see the very last picture is of all the kids loot...it is disgusting to have that much candy... I put it in my 40 cup Tupperware bowl, and they haven't asked about it one time, is that weird or what! Of course I am going to seperate out the chocolate for me....they won't miss it! Anyways, we had a great time.
I had to go to Craig, CO for a Modbe party on Saturday, so G.J. got to be Mr. Mom, do yard work, and he even took the kids to the Rec. Center (not Kayler). It turned out pretty good, and someone even signed up under me to sell, so that was a plus. I love this time of year, minus the cold weather. I can't wait for Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc. Have a great day!








18 comments:

masonmadness said...

Your kids look so cute! THose are quiet the costumes. Way to go getting someone to sign up under you. That is awesome!

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

Your kids are so cute!! We should have let Kenna and Kayler hang out since they weren't interested in Halloween at all.:) So fun to spend time with your grandma-I miss that!

Leisa said...

What cute costumes. I just didn't put much effort into cotumes this year.
Enjoy spending time with your grandma. I miss my grandmas. My kids don't even have living great-granparents anymore. They miss that.

The McClellan Clan said...

oh my gosh, talk about candy!! Ya we hit 3 houses and then did the grandparents thing!! Ya we ROCK!!
Holy cow, their makeup is so awesome!! I can't believe how perfect their makeup is!! Thats so cool!!

Jared-n-Cindi said...

Great pix Kandice! The costumes are awesome!

Candace and Brian said...

Oh the kids looked great! Your whole family looked great. I love GJ's and your costume. That's so fun to keep up traditions and enjoy family time. I wondered how your party went in CO. GJ was working away cleaning the outside of your house. See you soon!

Brian, Nikki, and Nevie said...

HOly cow. That is a ton of candy! The kids look so cute...I love all their costumes! Hallie's is really cool. I kind of want her outfit just to wear. LOL.

Kelli said...

Very cute. Great job on the party.

Kelli said...

Oh and Kimber never did even try on her dora outfit, but at 2 bridger never tried on his fireman outfit either. oh well

Lucky Me said...

Desi didn't want to wear her tinkerbell costume either. It took a couple hours to get it on piece by piece and now I can't get her to take it off. She wanted to wear it to church today. Kids are so funny. I loved your kids costumes. I can't get over the eyelashes!

Janice {Run Far} said...

Oh my heck they all look so darn cute.

Paul and Megan Hawkes said...

The kids look so cute. What great memories to share with your Grandma.

Brett and Diane said...

First off I love your new layout. It looks sooo good. I also love that you let your kids pick out what they want to be for Halloween, that's very nice. They must know how to pick em' because they looked so fantastic in their costumes. I loved their faces. That's fun that you and GJ dressed up to take them out trick or treating what awesome parents!

Liberti said...

what cute trick-or-treaters! And all that candy...my one child got enough to make me fat the rest of the year, I think it's going in the trash :)

Hillary said...

I love their faces!! They are always so cute, you do a good job!

Anonymous said...

I really want one of those popcorn balls!

Ben and Marcie said...

They all look super cute! Good job on their costumes! That is a ton of candy, holy cow!!

Nathan and Shanna said...

You are such a good mother! Your kids costumes are so cute! Love that you and GJ dressed up as well!