It was my very good friend Mandy’s birthday. We celebrated by getting pedicures, going to eat, going shopping, going to the Jensen Pumpkin festival, shopping some more, and a nice long soak in a hot tub ;) It was lots of fun, and a much needed getaway. HaPpY BiRtHdAy MaNdY!!! Here are some pics:
The next day the fun continued as we took the kids to the corn maze. We had so much fun picking pumpkins, feeding goats, playing in a corn bin, going through a kids maze, and eating some super yummy caramel apples. Here are some pics:
Next off we will go with change. I was finally released as the Visiting Teaching coordinator, and I am now the Enrichment Night Leader. My job as VT coordinator was EXTREMELY stressful. I never realized how hard it was, until doing it myself. With a ward that constantly has new people moving in, change is always going on, and it is never "done" for very long. I have been at it for almost 2 years. I have handled it pretty well, but during the past few months as things have been crazy with kids, my grandparents, and lots of other things, and I have felt very overwhelmed. On Monday the 6th of October (I have to get technical with dates here…lol) I prayed so hard that either the lord would help me have the time and energy to fully do my calling, or else that the bishop would be prompted to release me, since I refuse to ask to be released myself.
Well, low and behold, on Tuesday the 7th, Hallie had her baptism interview. After she was finished, the bishop turned to me and said, “Do you want your interview now? We have another calling for you.” I quickly assured him that I could do no more than I was already doing, and he told me that they would release me from my current calling. All I remember saying was “oh hallelujah, the lord listened to my prayers…-yes, I will do whatever calling.” I think he was a bit taken aback by that, but he did say that he had felt that the massive calling I was trying to do was a bit much for a young mom. I was so glad that he had this prompting and that I didn't have to "give up" so to speak.
It gets even further into promptings. I guess Heather Eskelson who is in our RS pres. had the same prompting and had been wanting me to fill this Enrichment calling for some time now. Finally they felt it was right and so now here I am, and couldn’t be more excited. I love planning parties, events, activities and so forth and everything that comes with it. I already have so many ideas.
Well, the spiritual part comes in now. G.J. and I had the opportunity to do Temple Sealings last night. I sat by one of the ladies in our ward, and had the most overwhelming feeling that she would be the person that took over my calling. I told G.J. as we were leaving that I was 100% sure she was the one. I had not been told by one soul that she was, it was just the feeling that I had received in the temple. Well…guess what, today she was the person called, and it was so neat to experience such strong impressions like that and have them come true.
So now for the scariness. A few weeks ago I received a phone call from a neighbor saying that the ward music lady had called to ask her family to sing in sacrament meeting. She had told her NO WAY. Well, as soon as I hung up, the phone rang, and it was our ward music leader asking ME to sing a duet….I did not have the heart to tell her no because of her previous rejection, but I was like OH CRAP….I do not sing!!! They had passed around a sign up sheet that had solo, small group, or choir. Well I signed the CHOIR part....lol. Well, ironically, I was paired up with Heather Eskelson who is over me in my new Enrichment calling. We practiced several times. I had to remind them that I was a dancer in high school, not a singer. This was my first time singing in a duet or anything like that other than doing things in the ward choir. Well, Heather sings beautifully. I on the other hand just made it through. I think it must have sounded o.k., we did receive a lot of compliments, so I will take all the praise I can get. I do NOT however look forward to doing it ever again, nor will I make it a habit to do such scary things!
And finally, the goodbye part of my post. G.J. headed out to Laramie, WY today for training. He won’t be home until Friday. I do NOT do well without him. He is such a good husband, and I just love him so much and really miss his helping hand when he is gone.
So, there you have it, my weekend in a nutshell. Now I am ready to crash. Have a great week, and wish me luck as a single mom once again. Thank goodness the next training isn’t until April.
11 comments:
I know how you feel about not having your husband around. Hey this December is the Auto Desk training in Las Vegas and Nathan got us Phantom tickets! I am so excited I can hardly wait.
You really are an amazing person!
I love it when the spirit whispers and we hear. Its so comforting to know "we" heard it. sometimes it so hard to hear in our home. I am glad you had that experence. And that you were released. secretly I would love that calling. I love paperwork. hehe. You can plan my parties and I will do any paperwork you need. Have a good week. Call me after 1pm my time zone if you ever want to talk.
craziness.......
you look SO SO SO SO SO cute in your new red vest. I am SO glad you got it.
thanks again for the fun! You rock and I am so super glad that you are my pal. LOVE YA!!!!
We were late for church yesterday, so I didn't hear the announcements and callings and releases. I am glad you got a new calling, which you will be terific at, I know that old one was stressful for you. (It would be for me too!) I am glad I got to hear about the ward business on your blog!
Your blog is so cute I finally got to sign in and I love reading your posts sounds like you had an eventful week. Don't you love those tender mercies of the Lord. I love you keep posting!
Wow what perfect calling for you with your great talent in that area. What a LUCKY RS to have you. I want to come to your enrichments.=)
Sounds like a great and busy weekend. We went to the pumpkin walk as well but I didn't see the welcome pumpkins, where was I--who knows.
It looks like you had a good weekend. Busy, but a good one!
I am so glad you had a great time and some fun! Good luck with your new calling and without GJ at home.
I am so happy for you that you were released!! You have been so stressed about everything, and this will be one less thing on your plate. Enrichment is a busy calling, too, but probably more fun and less stressful! You will be awesome! Isn't it wonderful that the Lord listens to us & answers our prayers? What a testimony builder!
The corn maze pics are so cute. I'm still loving Hallie's hair.
I bet you were awesome singing in Sacrament. You have a good voice--I have always thought that! I remember in middle school choir when you were the only one in the class who could hit that ridiculously high note in that song, "In the jungle, the mighty jungle..." Do you remember that? Anyway, good for you!
Happy birthday, Mandy!
What a fun birthday for your friend. Hey she knows my friend Tara Spendlove and my friend Tara also know your friend Janice. Tara is from Vernal. You'll have to check out her blog and see if you know her. I have a link to her's
You will be amazing at your new calling! Good Luck.
You silly, silly girl. You did much more that just make it through that song! You were amazing and I absolutely loved the opportunity to sing with you. By the way, my mom asked me if we would be willing to do it in her ward... so warm up those pipes, baby. The secret is out and you can sing! Also, I am so excited to work with you in Enrichment. You are the answer to my prayers about this calling and I know you'll do great. I'll be getting in touch soon to get things going. Thanks for accepting. The Lord really does work in small, marvelous ways, doesn't he!
Post a Comment