Well, how bout that for a title? These past few days have been filled with Checks, balances, and scales. I won't go into much details, but doesn't it always seems that there is never enough in so many ways in certain areas pertaining to church, work, kids school/activities, housework, money, food, etc.
I always find myself needing more here or less there and always trying to find a perfect balance with ALL of it, and it never works. I am working on it though, and now that Hallie's baptism is over, I do see an end in sight somewhat. Of course we do have the holidays coming (which I am still mad over...all the stores with Christmas stuff out ALREADY) So that always brings busy times, but I am bound and determined to bring balance and to stop acting like a crazy woman who is too busy to think straight, let alone actually enjoy what I am doing.
So this is where the scale part comes in. Today I went grocery shopping, and I thought to myself, "I haven't bought any thing for myself in a very long time...I deserve something special."
Well I came home with a scale...
Wow, I really did myself a favor. A brand new scale that will tell me EXACTLY how FAT I am...lol. G.J was really excited to try it out. It is the mother of all scales. It has settings for 4 different people. It goes by your height, weight, gender, age, etc. It measures bone mass, fat mass, water mass, and in my case...a fat ass (sorry, I couldn't help myself!)
Anyways, my weight and fitness has been on my mind a lot lately. Probably because I have put on a little, and probably because at FHE tonight (where we talked about being healthy and trying harder to eat better-because my kids have a HARD time) Gavin asked me...so is your belly so fat because you are having another baby? Uhh...no Gavin, Mommy's belly is fat because I eat too much and never exercise.
So last week I tried again to go to the gym. It was the perfect time. I talked to Kayler a LOT beforehand about being nice. We pulled up, he said, "I nice Kayler, I good." Well, I met up with Valerie and Kyndi from my ward, and we had a great time on the elyptical machine, and a WHOLE bunch of hope welled up in my heart because we talked about how every Tuesday and Thursday we were going to try to meet up at 10:30 (they agreed to this time because the daycare empties out after the class from 9:30 -10:30, and the less kids, the better for Kayler)I was so optimistic for all of like 30 minutes, when the Day-care lady walked up to me with an "oops, he did it again" look on her face.
Yep, Kayler bit a little boy for taking his dinosaur. So my hope went right down the drain. Can I blame my fatness all on him...no, of course not. I just am bummed that I can't go there and meet up with my friends and get out of the house and get a good work out-not to mention actually use the pass that we pay a fortune for. I could wake up earlier and work out before he wakes up, quit snacking, drink more water, etc. I know how NOT to be fat, I am just too lazy and busy most days to do it....
So, there you have it, a large ramblings of my life right now...Any suggestions or reassurances that I am not alone would be greatly appreciated!!!
So one very random side note that helps ease the stress in my life. Hallie's teacher just went to a conference in Las Vegas that was about homework, and how it is proven that kids just cram to get it done, but the amount they actually retain is minimal. The principal went with her (and surprisingly agreed with the studies), and so I don't know if this is a school wide thing or what, but Hallie will no longer have homework! Hooray!!!! It took up so much valuable family time, and was pointless in my eyes. Whether you agree or not is fine with me (I'm sorry to my teacher friends...Nikki, Candace, Diane... :)
So-I just had to add that so this post would end on a positive note! Have a great day!
8 comments:
Okay, first off: a scale is not a treat! Go back to the store right now and buy yourself something FUN! But--I do have that same scale, too, and it is awesome! I asked for it last Christmas. LOL.
I'm so sorry about the gym daycare not working out. I hope that he grows out of it soon so that you can exercise, but don't feel bad. Every kid in Nevie's nursery class seems to be a biter. So you are not alone!
The only time I have found to exercise is late at night. I hate it because by the end of the day I'm exhausted and just want to relax. But most of the time I do it anyway, and I'm glad I did. I usually do a workout video around 10pm. Fun!
Oh, and about homework--I totally agree that for elementary students, homework is useless. I have read lots of studies that show that. So yay for Hallie's teacher! For my Junior High kids, all I assigned for them to do at home was read a certain # of pages a week, and then anything they couldn't get finished during class.
I have been laughing pretty hard about what you got yourself. That's hilarious. Something I would do-I actually want to come and try it out though. :) And surprisingly enough I agree about the homework. Always have-except reading. A child still needs to read at home.
Oh what I would do to weigh 135!
I don't think I have been there since high school maybe not even then.
Oh, I get up at between 5 and 6 am to exercise. It is so early but it is so nice to get it out of the way while my kids are asleep and husband. I don't have to feel guilty about taking time away from anyone. And I can usually get showered and mostly ready for the day by 7:30am. On the days I don't get up it feels like I can never get ready so this works for me. I am totally a morning person.
Good luck on working out. I'm working on the same thing with a little bit of luck so far and I'm almost embarrassed to admit what has helped... Wii Fit. Yes. I know. A video game. Quite fitting for me isn't it? Well honestly it is quite fun! Gets me motivated to get up and shake my tookus. lol
I'm trying to work myself up to going to the stadium to climb the stairs and walk laps but it hasn't work so far. I'm running into either it's so early in the morning I simply can't motivate myself to get out of bed (kind of hard to when all the mind is thinking is "alarm what go away sleeeeeep snore" and I haven't figured out how late they allow the community access. *shrugs* One of these days... I wish I had gym access but I'm just not sure if I would use it enough to be worth the cost.
The only suggestion I can think of is seeing if someone in your family might be able to Kayler for a little while so you can go to the gym? Best of luck!
I love how you said "i know how not to be fat" I think that to myself all the time....Janice, you freaking know how not to be fat and what to do.. but do I do it? Nope.. i am so good about exercise but I love food, I love sweets and I love love love my Diet Pepsi. But really... it is time for a chamge around here.
I too am having a hard time with the exercising and eating right. I just am not determined enough to do it I guess. Well I started this family weight loss deal with Nathan's family and we'll see how that goes. I hope to exercise 5 times a week, watch my portions, and drink lots of water!
Nathan and I go walking after we put the kids in bed. Our Church is just past our back yard so we just walk around the ball field and the church where we are able to see our house.
I agree about the homework!
Post a Comment