Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Hallie's Big Change

About a year ago, Hallie started begging to cut off all her hair and donate it to Locks of Love. Her friend’s older sister had cancer, and some people in the town had donated hair for her wig, so I think that is where she got the idea. Well, me being a mean selfish Mom brushed her off by saying that she could cut her hair after she got baptized. Well imagine my surprise when last week as we were preparing for her baptism Hallie asked, “so, I am getting baptized, did you make my hair appointment?”
She complains every time I brush her hair. I love her long beautiful locks, and I seriously dreaded her cutting it, because it is so easy to have it long and I can do pony tails and all sorts of other creations. Well, the last week every time I combed her hair, she would say, “Just think of how easy this will be when my hair is short.”
Well, today was the day, and she was so excited-me not so much-even though her sacrifice will mean a wig for a child that has no hair. She even used her birthday money to pay for it, along with new shampoo and some cute little clips at the salon. She has told me thank you like 12 times, and has said that she loves it twice that many times. So enjoy the pictures:

Before (I just took her hair out of braid-hence the crimped look)

The first initial cut

Look at that ponytail! And her cute little face~

Side/Back view

At the post office mailing it!

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Whoohoo go Hallie! That is really awesome that she wanted to donate her hair. I didn't even consider stuff like that when I was younger (course I didn't know anyone who did it so maybe that's why?).

You know I think it was about that age that I axed my long hair too... I can't remember. It was around there though. I had mine cut off though due to neck problems. My hair is so thick it was causing headaches.

Hopefully styling it will be easier with short hair :)

Lucky Me said...

I would have a really hard time too. I usually had long hair growing up. I would get a wild hair and cut it every now and then and hate it two days later. Hallie's hair is so cute. I hope she loves it.

Paul and Megan Hawkes said...

Way to go Hallie! What a great idea. You should be so proud of her. What a great example of service.

Janice {Run Far} said...

Oh my freaking heck.. it is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute. I love it. I am not going to show taylor cause then she may want hers cut off as well. That is such a drastic change, she is so brave.

Hillary said...

Oh my gosh, she looks adorable!! I would've been the same way about her hair. My mom constantly wants me to cut Morgan's hair, she's 2 for crying out loud!! But wow, Hallie looks so cute!

Ben and Marcie said...

I love it, it looks really cute on her! That is so sweet that she was so excited about donating it!

Kelli said...

when I saw that initial cut, I was so scared. I thought that is a bit too short BUT its so CUTE. I Love it. I am a hairdresser and typically when little girls come in, thinking they want it all cut off, they always leave crying because its such a shock at first. I even did when I was in 5th grade and got mine all cut off for the first time. Tell her its beautiful!

Candace and Brian said...

I love Hallie's hari and I love that it was all her idea. You really do have good kids. Thanks again for doing my hair yesterday. :) Pretty bad when in your 20s you have to call a neighbor to do your hair. I love the bob haircuts on girls so Hallie you look adorable!

Brett and Diane said...

Wow that was a lot of hair. Her new cut is soooo cute! What a sweetie to donate her hair her great mom must be "rubbing" off on her.

Leisa said...

Hallie--You look beautiful! What a sweet thing to do for someone else. My sister went bald and has to wear a wig for a while and because of people like you she can have a nice wig that looks good. This new haircut makes you look all grown-up!

Cassie said...

What a great thing for her to do. She sounds like such a good girl. I love that she is always thanking you so much. And I love the A-line it has always been my favorite haircut.

Briana said...

Love the hair! What a sweet girl you have raised! :) You should be so grateful that she has such a big heart. Obviously she learned that from someone........:)

Brian, Nikki, and Nevie said...

She is such a sweetheart for wanting to sacrifice her hair so that someone else can have hair. What a good little girl you have raised!

She looks absolutely adorable with her short hair. Only problem is she looks so grown up!! I don't want her to grow up! Tell her I think she is awesome and that she looks very pretty!

Jesenia said...

what a sweetie, she looks so cute. She is so grown up and considerate for her young age. what a doll.

The McClellan Clan said...

Oh my word that is so cute! I love it. I can't believe she did it!! Way to go mom for letting her do, and way to go Hallie for becoming the new YOU

Nathan and Shanna said...

She looks so adorable, I Love It! Way to go Hallie! That is SWEET!