Sunday, October 5, 2008

my little poem

So I decided to get a little creative with this post. I am using the letters CONFERENCE TALKS to describe the events and feelings I have had the past few days:

C is for cleaning, which I did Saturday morning as I listened to the first session of conference. My good sweet friend knew I needed the money, and enlisted me to be her housekeeper. I enjoyed that time alone in her home cleaning while listening to the opening words of conference. Today I learned a double “C” word, which is “Christian Courage” which I hope I can have a lot more of.
O is for organizing my whole family’s closets from summer to winter clothes!
N is for the new found hope that I gained by listening to all the wonderful speakers.
F is for the falling rain, the falling leaves, and the falling temperatures.
E is for enjoying the past few days with my family, friends, and people I love.
R is for my renewed faith in my Lord and Savior- Jesus Christ and his love and plan for me and my family.
E is for energy, which I was lacking. I wanted to just lay and snuggle in bed, but I had so many other things to do-stuff for church, kids, home, etc.etc.etc.etc.
N is for new words for Kayler. He is talking up a storm. His new favorite phrase is, “No-It’s Mine Kayler’s”-he says that for everything. He thinks everything is his.
C is for car. Since we have pretty much been home the past few days, Kayler has been crying CAR…over and over and over. He is sick of being home Finally the other night, he found a pair of socks, put them on himself, found mismatched shoes, came to our room and said, “socks, shoes, ride, car, bye-bye” I could not break his little heart so G.J. took him for a little drive, even though it was 9:30 at night
E is for excellent. This conference was excellent in so many ways. We are so lucky to be able to watch, listen, and next month read the things that were spoke.

T is for Thomas S. Monson-our prophet, seer, and revelator-whom I have always loved and admired ever since I was a little girl. I truly love him-and during this conference felt his love for all of us church members.
A is for alone. G.J. just left for Salt Lake. He won’t be home until Thursday. I hate when he goes out of town for work training. He is so good to help me with the kids. I have so much to do this week, and I will feel truly alone and lonely without him at my side helping.
L is for love. The things I love are: The Gospel in every way shape and form, and the fact that I belong to such a wonderful church, family, friends, freedom, home, my husbands job, food, car, safety, shelter, my knowledge, health, many-many other things, and that I have a blog to keep a record of how truly blessed I am-just in case I forget I can always refer back to this post.
K is for Kandice….lol, because that is my name, and I can’t think of anything for that letter
S is for Saturday and Sunday, my favorite days of the week…. (Besides Friday, but that doesn’t start with a S….lol) This Saturday and Sunday have been so special because of conference, and now I have next Saturday and Sunday to look forward to because my little girl gets baptized and confirmed a member of the church on Saturday and my sweet little nephew gets blessed on Sunday, and G.J. will be home again by then.

Now I have to add a little disclaimer. I would not be being completely honest if I did not add this. I have not had a very good attitude this weekend. I have been very ornery, asking "why me" in so many ways, and being the only guest at my very own pity party. I forced myself to write the things that I am truly grateful for because I am not an ungrateful person....just having a bad couple days/weeks-and I feel so alone. So, I am going to rant for a minute of why I am a little bit miserable. First off, I don't have a mom who is loving and caring and wants to listen to me rant and rave or tell me that she loves me and that everything will be o.k. & I don't have any sisters. My sister-in-laws could care less about my worries. I do have friends, but I love them too much to bother them-and I am usually too prideful to admit that I am having a bad day. I hate waking up early in the morning. I hate that I can't fall asleep at night. I hate cleaning up poop off my freshly cleaned carpet. I hate the never ending temper tantrums from Kayler-and that I can't even take him in public or church without something bad and embarrassing happening. I hate my church calling sometimes (sorry to my ward members that have to read that-don't tell the RS pres. or Bishop!) I hate never having enough money and always worrying about it(yet having the vast majority of people in this town think we are "rich"). I hate having too many Dr. bills. I hate that I am not skinny-nor have the desire to exercise or eat healthy most days. I hate that I am not perceived as "beautiful" to most people. I hate people that choose to hate me and say mean things about me when I have done nothing to them. I hate mean little kids that are mean to my sweet kids. I hate appearing "perfect and organized" when I am such a mess inside most days. I hate cooking. And....I hate feeling ALL of those things. I want to be better about so many things. But---instead of thinking of who and what I don't have I am going to focus on the Savior because I know he is always there, and he will always listen. He will also forgive me for having a very ungrateful poor-poor me moment and help me get back on track. I do recognize the very fortunate and wonderful life I lead, and the wonderful husband and children that will be with me for eternity-I am just having a weak moment, and needed to tell my "blog psychologist" how I felt or else I was going to burst.
So…hope everyone had a great weekend. Sorry for those who chose to endure and read this completely whiny long post. Have a great day/week, and wish me luck being a single mommy for a few days!

13 comments:

ME & HE said...

Thanks for sharing the disclaimer. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who tends to throw myself parties. I do know that your truest friends will never feel that you are bothering them. If you ever need to talk, I would be more than willing. Hang in there and I hope you get to feeling better. Know that you are a great example to a lot of people.

Jesenia said...

Kandice, thanks for that post, you are darling, and beautiful. I think everyone has those weeks!! Thanks for all the times you have given me advice. I hope that you have a better week without any poop on the carpet!! :)

Brett and Diane said...

Kandice your openness and honesty amazes and inspire me. Truth be told I think most if not all of us have the same emotions and feelings you are experiencing but we're not so honest about them. Hang in there God knows who you are and loves you to pieces! I enjoyed the second to last conference talk where the speaker talked about sometimes we just want our Father to know that "we've had a tuff time today"---so true!!!

Chauntue Peterson said...

I know how you feel I don't have a mom to complain to either she wouldn't care. I am sick of trying to keep it together for all my bro and sisters so if you want to have a pitty party sometime let me know just where and when lol:0)

Hillary said...

You are totally normal. We all have these times, although I know that doesn't make anything easier. But keep in mind, that through all the bad that you may think of yourself and feel around you, there are those lives that you touch miles away, and years later (like mine!) without even trying just by being who you are. Hang in there and keep it up!

Lucky Me said...

I wish I could be so honest and brave. You are able to put into words just what I feel. If I didn't know better I'd think you were writing about me. I know our Father in Heaven loves and understands us. That has been proven once again this weekend but man, I wish (kindof) that we didn't have to go through the day-to-day drudgery go realize that. I'm going to be a widow for a few days this week too. I love it and hate it at the same time. Less maintenance and less help. Do you want to go to the gym together Tues or Wed morning? Just let me know.

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

I am afraid we all have times like that, and I am sorry that you are no different. Sometimes life is hard, and it seems like everything is against us. But, the courage to say it out loud helps I think-but I never do. Maybe some of us girls here in Vernal need to get together to boost eachothers spirits-or at least get out our frustrations. I hope you have a wonderful week!!

Hillary said...

Hey Kandice, I lost your email but wanted to let you know I finally got my blog going. So the address is www.merrillstuff.blogspot.com Thanks again for all your inspiration!

Janice {Run Far} said...

holy freak, that was a very deep post. And I loved it. I love hearing that I am not the only one who has alot of those same feelings or thoughts you listed. Thanks for sharing and thanks for being such a beautiful, talented, smart, clean, organized, wonderful person.

Emily said...

You amaze me! You are so honest with yourself... so you know, the rest of us feel that way too! I agree with Diane- I loved Elder Cook's talk in Conference - "I hope you know I've had a HARD time!" I feel like that all the time- I just don't always want to admit it. So, thanks for being such a great example to me... and remember, it's okay to have a hard time!

Candace and Brian said...

I loved the poem and seeing what you are grateful for. I also appreciated your honesty and knowing that I'm not alone on my pity days. I think the weather really did me in this weekend. It takes courage to admit our weaknesses out loud and I was proud of you for doing it. It actually comforted me. Hang in there and I truly hope that your day gets better today. The sun did come out. :)

Kelli said...

OH, Kandice, I wish I was there to give you a hug. You are so much more than all the hate things you feel about yourself! so much more

Nathan and Shanna said...

Thanks so much for being honest! I have to tell you that you are not the only one that has bad days! Thanks for helping mine become better! Thanks again for sharing! You are a wonderful person!