I am not the most patriotic person when it comes to being interested in politics. This election year I have found myself not wanting either candidate to be our president. I think both of them are weasels, so what do I do?
I know that the vast majority of those reading this are republican (which I am as well), but I am not a fan of John McCain (is that how he spells it?) I think I am still just mad because Mitt Romney would have been much better. I can't stand to watch any of the debates. I can't stand to hear about it all on the news, I just hate it all.
Obama-Rama makes me want to puke a little too. I think if he gets in, the "boom" in Vernal will be history. This is coming from my oilfield dad who has been in the business for 40 years, who in years past could care less about politics. He has done a little more researching this time, and he feels that if Democrat gets into office, sooner or later (probably sooner)-the drilling and business in Vernal's oilfield will be over. This makes me very very sad for my dad, many relatives, and lots of friends. This also makes me very grateful that G.J. has a very non-oilfield job (if this were to happen of course)and hopefully even then his job would be o.k.-we never know.
I have did a little bit of studying, and one researcher feels that if McCain wins, the nation will be much worse off. Don't get me (or him) wrong, He is a republican as well, and he wants him to win. He states that it is NOT because of his lack of skills, ideas, or leadership. It is because of Hollywood...yep, you heard me right-flippin' Hollywood. So many of the rich stuck up Hollywood people are SOOOOOO for "change" and "obama-rama" that they are obsessed with putting down the other party, and only looking for him. Well, sad as it is, Hollywood really rules our nation in lots of ways. So many people look to them for answers and follow their "ideas". If Obama gets in, then the Hollywood people are happy, so their little followers are happy. If McCain gets in (which of course I hope he does) then the stupid actors and actresses, singers, etc. will all be bad mouthing him, spreading a negative attitude about our leaders, faith in our country, and I think it will continue to have a bad trickling effect clear down to the Economy...yuck, that's a scary thought. The man predicts that Obama will win 65 % to McCains 35% of votes-so we will see.
Speaking of the economy. It is SO depressing. It makes me glad to know what I do, and I truly hope that I can be ready for rough economic times. My mindset is becoming much different about "needs and wants" and I truly hope that my unrighteous desires will be cast away, and that I can prepare my family in every way shape and form for the storm that may come upon us...only time will tell.
I am truly proud in every way to be an American, but also ashamed-it is greed, hatred, dishonesty, amongst other things that has made our nation the way it is today. To have 2 men that I don't really care for be running for the leader of our country makes me feel a little helpless. I have thought about *gasp* not voting....like my vote makes any difference anyways, but I am going to vote nonetheless. I am going to pray and think about it a lot more. Whoever is elected I want to have the right mindset and be able to support whoever is chosen.
So as with all posts, I have probably offended someone by pouring my political thoughts into such a public post, so sorry. I have learned the hard way that political contention is not a fun thing to have. Both of my Grandpa's are hard core Democrats....when I am pretty much a republican. So, if you have angry feelings...don't leave a comment. If you have nice feelings...lol-feel free to sympathize and relate-and truly...may the best man win in November.
9 comments:
Looks like we are online at the same time. I just forwarded you a great talk from Pres. Packer.
It was great, I hope I have your right email.
I feel the same way about the upcoming election. We are totally helpless it seems in the way of voting. But we also have our Savior and it will work out. Your great I LOVE your honest posts.
I feel the same way. I felt better about things back when Mitt Romney, even Huckabee, were in the race... but now, both candidates, Obama and McCain are, well, I guess lacking. I'm just trying to see the positive in this mess. I don't think you're offensive in any way... thanks for your comments!
I left you an award on my blog today
Hallie's hair is so cute! I LOVE IT!!! I hear what you mean about the upcoming election but I have to say I do like McCain a lot and I really think he will be good. I think we just have to trust that. I just hope Obama doesn't get elected in or we are all in trouble as an economy! Take care!
Oops! I just realized that I was logged in under my sisters account because I'm here at her house in AZ right now. So the Briana quote is really mine (Lynise). How funny~
It terrifies me! So many people don't even care enough to do any research at all-it's just the fate of a nation at stake...no biggy! I know that whatever happens we will all have to make do, but I can definately see more good in one candidate than the other and I hope more people are beginning to care enough to find out more for themselves, too.
You didn't offend me. I have been frustrated too. I have followed all their debates and I too don't like either candidate. I feel trapped. I agree with you though I need to prepare more for the economic times. I keep stashing money into savings but you never know....money could mean nothing. What I need to do is what the prophets have said and build up my food storage.....do you have enough we can come to your house? :)
Kandace - I just wanted to tell you what an awesome song you two did in church today. I did not know you were a singer....I guess that is another hidden talent you have. Yours and Heather's voices sound so good together. I loved that arrangement of the song you did.
If Obama wins I'm moving out of the country!
Post a Comment