I won’t say anything about our characters, or the murder mystery, just in case somebody happens to play this game in the future, I don’t want to give it away. But here are some pictures (that I stole from Candace’s blog of course…since I forgot my camera)
They went ALL out decorating with a Halloween theme. It was SO cute. The food was delicious, we all laughed so much, and it was such a great time with some of our neighbors.
Saturday we had a lot on our agenda. We had several errands to run: we had both cars oil changed, went to the post office, we went to early vote (the kids thought that was so awesome!), we had yard work, but the funniest of all was our flu shot appointments.
I had already had my shot last week, but G.J. and the kids needed theirs. I have VERY mixed emotions about the flu shot. My kids have very very weak immune systems. We have had the flu shot faithfully for the past 8 years. We even go as far as having my Mom and Dad, In-Laws, and Grandparents get it to try to protect my kids. Why so over protective you ask??? Well, 2 years ago Hallie was the first patient diagnosed and hospitalized with the influenza virus in the Vernal hospital, and last year, I was so lucky to have Kayler be the first diagnosed influenza patient quarantined in the hospital. I HATE the flu-it is miserable. So even though it hasn't completely protected us, I keep on getting it hoping that each new flu season we will be free from sickness.
Anyways, moving on to the funny part. I know how bad all 3 kids (and G.J.) hate to get shots. Even pulling up to the Dr.’s office they were nervous. So I strategized. I left G.J. in the car with the kids, and I went in, signed them all in, paid the co-pay, and waited in the waiting room until they were ready for them. Then they all came in. G.J. bravely went first. Then we traumatized our kids one at a time in a very quick-like fashion. They all 3 screamed a little, laughed a little, and then we were done. It was quite the scene…I wish I would have had it on video for you to all enjoy to get the full effect.
So that evening we were invited to another Halloween party. This is a RARE occasion for G.J. and I. We have went on 1 date in this past year with our neighbors(Candace and Brian), and then to be invited to 2 couples only things in one weekend was quite the shock for us, but it was very needed. This was a disco themed party, check us out.
Okay, I know we look horrendous, but we had to match the theme...lol
The party was thrown by several people, my cousin Megan being one of them. She warned me beforehand that there would be drinking. Well, I had prepared myself- so I thought. This was the first party I had ever been to where EVERYONE but G.J. and I, and the other couple we went with (my cousin Heather and her date) were drunk off their butts. That is fine, but it was kind of hard and sad to see people that I knew very well (who I didn’t think drank) getting totally wasted and making a fool of themselves. But G.J. and I brushed it aside and disco danced the night away. We had so much fun-with no alcohol required!!!
So, busy as it was, we had a lot of fun, got a lot accomplished, and now have a new week to look forward too. Have a great day!!!
11 comments:
I LOVE the disco outfits. You look hilarious. I love it. I especially like GJ's wig. I loved the story about the shots too. You always give me a good laugh. Have a great day today!
I dont think I could ever keep up with you. You have so much going on all the time. Great job on the costums for both parties.
Both your costumes are so cute! I lOVE GJ's afro. Maybe he should grow a real one. LOL! The murder mystery dinner sounds so fun! Did they buy a kit or just make it up? How fun!
Your family pictures are awesome! I love them all, and you look so pretty with your hair like that! I especially love the "o" picture. How funny!
awwww.... you guys looks awesome. Did you make the costumes or buy them? Cute cute cute.. I wish we could be invited to a costume party.... Wouldnt matter Greg will not dress up at all. =(
Wow you two make the 70's look good! =)
I love your costumes! This is the first year that Corey and I will match, we are being Pirates.
I am sorry everyone was wasted at the party. I have been to things like that and it is hard to see. I am glad you still had fun.
I'm glad you were able to go to Candace's party. SHe said you all had a riot! Those are so much fun. Your family pictures are darling by the way. I love them!
Sounds like a great time. I love the family pictures.
Oh my gosh, not horrendous at all, I LOVE the disco outfits, you especially look so cute!! Where in the world did you find something like that?
How fun! I love Halloween! Your family pictures turned out really cute!
Sweet outfits - maybe GJ should wear that wig all the time :)
Post a Comment