I couldn't let those last two very whiny and negative posts remain at the top of my blog, so I thought I better update on a more positive note.
Today, my Grandma and Grandpa (the same grandpa who was just diagnosed with cancer) celebrated their 62nd Anniversary. I love them so much. They are both having very bad health right now, and it is hard to watch. My Grandpa has his cancer, and he is getting one tumor removed Friday, and then going to Huntsman Cancer center next week to see his options. My Grandma has a terrible rash on her face, and was feeling very ill yesterday. Without telling any of us, my Grandpa took her to the E.R. to find her blood pressure at 240/130...crazy high. It was so high it was causing a lot of strain on her eyes, and she couldn't see. Needless to say, they are both in pretty rough shape, yet so stubborn to keep on going. I have SO many happy memories from their healthier years, and I have to constantly focus on that instead of losing myself in their current state. I watched "The Notebook" the other night. Is it so bad of me to wish that they could cuddle up and die in their sleep, just like that movie-no suffering involved?
Anyways, moving on. G.J. will be home tomorrow! Hooray-he can come back to the real world of being a daddy instead of staying at his posh hotel, eating fancy food, only taking care of himself, and sitting through boring meetings all day... Welcome home ...lol-I am so rude.
The kids are all doing well. Nobody is sick, and I am hoping for a very good health year this cold/flu season. We haven't had one kid in the hospital since February, so that is like a record. Gavin is SO obsessed with Halloween. Kayler is talking so much better. He is still biting, but at least now he will say, "No-no, I mad, I bite..." so we have a little warning. Hallie is becoming my emotional little "tween" so to speak. The other day she was drawing a picture, then I couldn't find her. I found her laying flat on her face sobbing. When I asked what in the world was wrong, she replied, "I am just not a very good artist today, my picture is NOT turning out..." Boy am I in trouble-bring on the hormones-and she is only 8!
I am having a huge Modbe party tonight, and I was supposed to have one Saturday in Duchesne. Well, silly me -DUH- my daughter is getting baptized Saturday, and I am gearing up for that and all 90 of our family and friends that will descend up on us. The party in Duchesne was for my cousin, so I am letting her borrow my stuff, and she will have to throw the party herself.
Speaking of the baptism Saturday...it is supposed to SNOW...NOT good. We have people coming from 3 states for this. I have done very well in asking for help. Usually I would have just done it all myself, but I have delegated out a lot of things for the big luncheon that we are having at the church after, and it feels so good to not have so much on my plate.
So, I am so glad to get a happier-positive post done. Hope everyone has great days! I will post about the baptism on Sunday.
10 comments:
I'm glad you are starting to feel a little better. I really hope that your grandparents don't have to suffer for long. I'll keep them in my prayers!
I am so glad you called me the other night! I totally needed someone to talk to right at that time, so thank you!!
It was fun talking to you today, thanks for the chat. Good luck with saturday, what a special day. I am sorry to hear about your grandparents. Take care.
that is crazy high blood pressure. I am glad your feeling better. BTW, you must get your stubboness from you grandparents? ya think? justkidding. I am glad you are having help with the lunch. BTW, Did I tell you I am not coming (i would have been driving right now) Kyler is too sick for me to leave.He would have been home alone during the days from 6am until kevin got home about 8pm which is too long when your sick, even though he his 20 but really more like 15. Take care. Have a wonderful spirtual day saturday
Hey, I love being a daddy better than being out here. You know how I am, a non-social person at a big social event :-S. I will be so glad to be home so get those kids ready for me! Love you lots.
We got the invite in the mail.. Taylor freaked out over the pictures on the card. She put it on her magnet board in her room. She is very bummed we wont be there for her first close friend to be baptised. :(
I love it that your cute husband leaves comments!
Good luck this weekend with the baptism, and with your Modbe parties!
I am so sorry about your grandparents. That would be ruff, I am worried about mine. If one dies I don't think the other would live long. They need each other. It would be nice if they could go together.
You are so lucky to have your grandparents still! I totally know what you are going through watching their health deteriate like that. Soak up all their stories and their life histories so that you have them when they are gone.
You are going to do amazing in all of your preperations for Hallie's baptism and I am sure that it all will totally pay off! What a milestone!
Good luck with your weekend. I can't wait to read about it!
So good to hear that you are doing better. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers! What a special day you and your family has this Saturday. I bet everything will turn out wonderfully.
TOMORROW TOMORROW .........Hope all goes as planned and that H has a wonderful beautiful special day. I hope you enjoy it also and I pray and pray Kayler will be an angle from atleast 8 to 8. Thats not too much to pray for!
Post a Comment