
I always hesitate to post things that are negative, depressing, bad, or anything of the sort. Lets face it, nobody likes a person who is pessimistic or a downer all the time. So I will make this as brief as possible, and not make a habit of doing posts like this!
I will be honest; things have not been the best lately. While everyone else is so happy and excited for summer, I feel nothing but dread. We have ZERO things planned as a family all Summer…So now I go back to being bored, and me and boredom are not friends. I put on a happy face, grin and bare it and usual….and try to make it through.
Our little trip to Rock Springs was nothing short of pure hell. From the ride there, dinner, going shopping, staying at the hotel, the graduation, the dinner, the ride home….I was so glad to be home. I hate to point fingers or place blame, but Kayler was responsible for 95% of my grief while there, he just has such a hard time, and I want to pretend that is he normal and good….but it was just a mess there…that is all I am going to say.
We had our windshield replaced about a month ago. The first time I washed it, it leaked, so they replaced it again. Well I waited longer to wash it this time, and I went to wash the car last night, and it leaked everywhere…all over the dash of my car, in buttons, electronics, clear behind the dash, down to the floor….so I have to get that fixed this week.
If that wasn’t bad enough, I went to vacuum the car out, and Gavin had spilled RED Gatorade everywhere. I tried everything to get it out…but it won’t even budge, so if anyone has a magical tip to help…
My sprinkling system decided to break to top off my evening last night. That was wonderful as well. It just wouldn’t shut off. I tried tinkering with it and I think it is finally fixed. We shall see.
Poor Gavin has been sick for 3+ days. He has this insane fever that won’t break, so it looks like I will be dragging him into the Dr. tomorrow. This morning Hallie and Kayler weren’t feeling well either, so I went to church alone. I have to say it was nice to meditate, listen, and try to regroup. I don’t like feeling negative and pitiful….I really am a happy person, but sometimes I just get into these grooves when it seems it is one trial after another, and I feel so alone, hurt, sad, angry…..just all of the above. Sometimes it lasts a day, but this time it is been going on for quite awhile.
I know there are people out there with SO much worse trials than me. I only gave half the story of the things that aren’t quite right, but I don’t need to totally convince every blog reader I have that I am crazy! Sometimes the lord just gives us bad days/weeks/months to make us appreciate our lives and blessings. When I can come to realize that-things are sure to look up. I hope to have a much happier post really soon!
8 comments:
I am glad you posted this, even if you left some stuff out. Everyone who reads your blog loves you, and we want to know how you are doing. It's okay to vent and talk about your trials.
I wish I had some good advice, but I never do. I love you, though, and I hope we can get together soon and have some fun and forget about our troubles for a night!
I am glad that someone else has bad days (or weeks), too! Hang in there... Summer is a time for flexible schedules and days of "nothing!". Enjoy it... your little ones are growing up sooo fast!
As for the stain in your car... go get it detailed- if they do it right- it will take it ALL out! ;)
As you can see you are not alone! It is good to know that other people struggle. Everyone paints such a rosey picture of life I feel like I am the only one who struggles! Your a great, strong person, hang in there!
Sorry to hear that things are going so well. I think sick kids are the worse and then to have other problems can just drive you over the edge. Hey if it makes you feel any better we have absolutely no big plans for the summer either.
Glad today is going better. Hope Gavin feels better soon. I love ya!
I'm so sorry that you have been having a terrible time. I only hope that things will start looking better. And thank you so much for venting. Sometimes I wonder if I'm the only one that has bad days, weeks, & months.
As for the car stain I have had luck with Sol-U-Mel made by Melaleuca.
Also for something to plan this Summer we still need to get together for a BBQ or something. Call me or E-mail me and we will get our calendars together.
thats horrible that they cant fix a window on the first try, that is there business! wow.
I think I've kind of felt the same way about summer. My friend told me her daily schedule. Which is get up, kids do chore, kids do school worksheets, kids get ready, and then they can be to the park lunch at 11:30. This was really discouraging to me to think she could have her kids do all that and still make it to the lunch at 11:30. On top of it, she has 5 kids and I only have 3.
I've just decided that all kids have different personalities and I can only do what I can do and summer SHOULD be relaxed and fun!
The kids have to work so hard the rest of the year. They should enjoy it! Think of the children's song, "Oh what do you do in the summertime."
Post a Comment