Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Weigh in Wednesday and Shoe News

I have been a big slacker on my Weigh in Wednesdays. I haven’t had much change to report though. My weight has stayed exactly the same the past 3 weeks. I blame it on the thyroid medication….and maybe eating a little too much….and maybe not exercising hard enough.

This is really the first time in my life that my weight has bothered me. And it bothers me that it bothers me….if that makes any sense. It's not fun to hear people obsess about weight ALL the time...so I vow to never be like that, even though I think about it more than I should.

I look at myself in the mirror and think, well-I’m not obese, I’m not skinny, I’m just average so that's o.k. But then I start to worry about what other people think like, “wow, she really let herself go…” "or, she looks pretty good" I wish I could read other people’s minds!

I think why it bothers me now is that most of my friends are very thin and athletic. Their clothes fit cute, their hair and makeup is always done, and that is just something I always have struggled with. I guess the main thing is that I am always trying. I have never been a quitter. Even though it might be harder for me to lose the weight and keep it off, I will never quit trying. So wish me luck! If I have any huge success, I will be sure to blog about it.

Anyways, moving on. One part of my body that never gets fat is my hands and feet. That is why I love shoes! I know everyone has seen these shoes-Keens.



G.J. and I have some, and our kids get a new pair every summer. My mom buys them, and then when they grow out of them, she saves them to pass down to her other grandkids. They are seriously the BEST shoes ever. Waterproof, cover toes, kind of like a sandal, kind of like a shoe, comfortable, washable (and they look like new after you wash them!) They are just the best. You can always find them on ebay….if not we always get ours at Zappos. They are WELL worth every single cent you will spend on them. You can always resale them on Ebay or elsewhere for close to what you paid. One thing to note, go 1 size up, as they are sized a little small. I guess I should be calling the Keen company for my advertising check!

Anyways, that is that for today. Have a great one!

5 comments:

Hillary said...

I know what you mean about bothering you that it bothers you, and wondering what everyone else thinks, and then on top of it all wondering why the heck we care!!! It's a neverending struggle! BTW-Laughed so hard at your shirt story!! LOVED IT!!!

Kelli said...

you really should live by me. than you wouldnt feel so bad. I hardly ever get make up on these past couple years (except sundays for sure) and am over weight. You would feel so good about yourself. hehe. I wish you could read minds also, no one is thinking anything close towhat you think they are thinking, I am sure of it! Your so cute. But I do hear ya on the weight issue. Were not 17 anymore. ugg

Candace and Brian said...

Don't get discouraged. You look great. I'm serious we need to just go start walking together-in the evening or early morning. When it's not HOT! Thanks again for today. THat was a lot of fun. I love hanging out with you and the kids.

Danielle Hacking said...

My hubby loves his Keens, I have always wanted a pair, maybe after the baby comes and my feel aren't so swollen :) I think you look amazing, but like you said, you aren't a quiter, and the fact your are concious about being healthy is the most important. Oh, and you K-Mart story... aweseome!!!

Lacy said...

I prabably am one of those people who are annoying and talk about weight all the time.
So if you ever want to complain about it give me a call.
One thing I tell myself (lie) is that if I'd just been born back in the 30's my curves would be hot! :)