It all started on Thursday. I had a crazy cooking day. Thursday is my turn for the dinner group I am in. I had a hard meal (Of course any meal is hard for me!) I had my digital scrap book club with some friends at the park in the morning. Then I had to rush home and more cooking! That evening was Enrichment night at my house…so that meant preparing everything for that, along with the refreshment. I was so glad to get it all cleaned up.
Anyway, I am the enrichment leader of mini classes. We have a truly wonderful bishop who is very in tune with things that need to go on in the ward. Well he was kind enough to pray and decide about the next few activities we needed to do. One of them included gardening, so that is what our enrichment was that night. I had this cute elderly couple from our ward come help. They are HARD CORE gardeners and me…not so much! They called me at least 10 times over the course of planning and doing the activity. So, needless to say, the activity went great, and I better have the best garden in town!
Friday was a blur…laundry, bills, yards, etc. Then came Saturday, which makes me tired even looking back on it. It all started with Gavin’s soccer game. That little stinker, I couldn’t get the camera out fast enough, but he just stood there with his hands down and up his shorts….revealing his tiny butt cheeks to all onlookers….Ugh! I don’t think my kids are cut out for sports…at least until they can learn to keep their hands out of their pants!
After the soccer game, I went to a shoe party with my mom and sister-in-law. It was at a house of someone I didn’t know very well. In fact, I wasn’t even invited, but my cute sis-in-law didn’t dare go alone. I am SO proud of myself, I didn’t buy ONE thing….that is a big accomplishment for me. I think I have like 47 pairs of shoes…including flip flops of every color, so the last thing I needed was a pair of shoes.
So after that Hallie had a piano recital. It was kind of an odd time, 3 p.m. in the middle of a Saturday. She wanted her nails done in a French manicure before we went, so I gave her a mini spa in my bathroom and she was SO excited. She did so well at her recital. She was so cute because she got nervous and embarrassed, and her little chubby cheeks got so red.
Our little Pianist!
That was at 3, and at 4 there was a mother daughter party for her activity day at the church. They did such a good job. Her leaders are all very sweet. We had a cute snack, made cookie flowers, and gave each other pedicures/manicures. I felt bad though because I had already done her nails and toes, and my toes just got done, so she got to paint my nails. It was a special time with her.
We headed home and I took a whole bunch of blankets on the grass. Our trees are just getting big enough that by about 5-6 our backyard is nice and shady. I seriously wanted to cry of happiness just laying there in the beautiful warm weather. I am not a fan of winter, and I love spring, summer, and fall….so I try very very hard to soak up every moment of nice weather I can. My kids were all so cute, the yards looked so nice, and I was just very happy and content for the moment.
I was so pooped after we had dinner, and was ready to get in bed at like 7, but my dad called and said they had made a fire, and wanted us to come up for smores. Like I said before, I love this weather, and couldn’t miss a chance to enjoy it, so we loaded up and went up there for a few hours. They have amazing views, lots of stuff for the kids to do, and I feel so lucky to have them in my life.
The views-Dry fork one side, and Vernal the other.
So we finally got to bed after bathing for the 2nd time that day. It seems I bath my kids more. Getting sweaty, dirty, being around fires….you can’t help to wash off again after a day like that! Today was church. G.J. and I always go to nursery with Kayler for awhile to make sure he is going to be good. I feel so bad, because he just can’t help himself….and he was being a beast, hitting kids, being sassy, and I seriously was seconds away from bursting into tears and leaving. I saw some people whispering, while glancing at me and Kayler. I’m sure it was totally a coincidence and they were talking about something different, but when you are already sensitive, I blow things out of proportion. I just said a silent prayer that he would be o.k. and I left….of course I had to peek in the window 5 more times before dragging myself to Relief Society. I am so grateful for the nursery leaders and parents who stay in there and help with him. I will be forever indebted to them. I just want him to be happy….and not beat the crap out of his friends!
Today is beautiful yet again. I am looking forward to a busy week. With the end of school comes all sorts of activities. I am a speaker at another ward’s enrichment night, so I need to get that prepared. Then we are headed camping for Memorial Day. Hooray!
We took this picture 3 years ago, just a few days after Kayler was born:

This picture was today, exact same spot, and exactly 3 years later....so much has happened since then!
Hope everyone reading this is having a wonderful time in the beautiful weather too!
7 comments:
WOW!!!! You have been busy. I agree with you though....I love it. It sounds like you had great one on one time with kids and events that makes it that more meaningful. Now we need to make time for each other. :)
Oh man! That piano picture brought back memories!
You're a great mom. Hang in there and ignore the wispers I'm sure they were about something else!
dang girl you are one busy lady. you better keep your schdule clear for the week of June 15th-the 22nd cause that is when I am going to be in Vernal. We have a lot of catching up to do....
theres no way on the face of this earth I could do all that you do with little kids. A few years ago, I could have with just teens but not now. Your the woman! love the last two pics
seriously you are the busiest girl I know. You need an award. I love the view. That has got to seriously be the prettiest place in vernal!!! I feel the same way with the weather. I'm not of fan at aLL with winter. So I"m loving all this.
Keep up the good work momma- you seem to work well under pressure
Wow, I am tired just reading your post!! Loved the temple pics! It's crazy how fast time flies.
Post a Comment