Wow…I have so many thoughts, ideas, and events… all since my last post. It is amazing what a lot of prayer and a long day filled with a lot of thought can do. Here are a few things that are looking “up”-
Our birds hatched!!!! They are SO ugly, tiny, and going to be noisy and messy I can tell. Here is the best picture I could get without disturbing the nest…I will make sure to take more!: (sorry, picture not working….G.J. will fix it for me soon!)
Our Garden is growing like crazy! I can already taste our fresh produce!! Hooray!: (sorry, picture not working again..lol….G.J. will fix it for me soon!)
Gavin is feeling better….not without an eventful afternoon yesterday though. His fever was back to 104…so I dragged him into Dr. Pollary. I was figuring it would be just a “virus” and he would tell him for it to take its course. I was surprised to hear he had an ear infection, sinus infection, inflamed eyes, yucky throat, and had the Influenza type A (or was it B?) virus. Yuck, yuck. Thank goodness he got an antibiotic, and after a few doses, paired with Tylenol and Motrin, he is looking/feeling better. He did have to miss his T-Ball game though. G.J. is the assistant coach with Brett, Mandy, and Spencer. We also had to miss the movie “UP” that we were planning on going to for FHE…I don’t need to spread the flu all around the town!
The other day I was feeling so bored, like there was nothing to do this summer, but I decided to sit down and write all the things that I can do throughout this summer. Now I am feeling overwhelmed with all the ideas I had-go figure! Some of them included:
Relay for Life (this Friday)
Camping (throughout the Summer)
Zoo (Money permitting)
Lagoon (Money permitting)
Lake
All parks/ Splash park
School lunch (yes…we like to go to free school lunch!)
Library
Movie at the park
Drive in
Swimming lessons
Gymnastics for Hallie
Train in Heber (Money permitting)
Family reunions
Rodeo
Fair
Alive After Five
Sleep Outside
Visit family and friends out of town
Museums
That is my list for now. For the time being I think we will stick with T-Ball and Soccer for Gavin, which goes through June. Hallie will do Gymnastics for 6 weeks, and we will just keep working with Kayler. If we can squeeze any of those other activities in, good for us!
I have this problem, as I’m sure many people do…I am at an awkward stage with me and my kids. 2 or 3 years ago, my life was filled with play-dates, girls nights out, couples dates, barbecues…..now it is NONE of those. I have had a few play dates here and there (which I am thankful for Candace and Karlee!) The last couples date (which means leaving our kids…and actually going out) was clear back in January for G.J.’s birthday with our neighbors the Nielson’s. I am sure there are many BBQ’s to come this summer-but mainly with family, and it just isn’t the same. I haven’t had a GNO in forever….way way too long. My friend Janice is coming in a few weeks, so that will fill a little time/void, but I need to start doing more of those. It is amazing how just a few hours out with friends can recharge me for weeks!
I just feel like a lot of the time I am the Inviter….and never the Invitee, if that makes sense. That even seems the case with my kids. They always have kids over…but never go anywhere else. I know, whine, whine, whine…nobody likes an ungrateful whiner…I am not whining, just “venting.” I know a lot of people “assume” that my life is still like it was a few years ago…busy with everyone and everything, but that is not the case. It seems the more kids you get (or the busier/naughtier you kids are!) The less you are thought of. I am also a little self conscious and I am so afraid of rejection. I always have ideas to do with other people with kids, couples, girls, but I am so afraid of putting it together, people not wanting to come, or having them come and not have fun…I know, SO lame, but I am who I am! I just don’t like being alone. (at least not all the time!)
Another random thing I have noticed is that on the days that I just happen not to want to do anything, I will get a phone call to do something. Also, some days we get double invites...instead of spreading them all out. Then you feel bad turning someone down. Oh the drama!
So whether I am surrounded by lots of friends and family, or just my sweet little kids and husband- instead of letting these summer days get the best of me, I am going to make the best of these days!
5 comments:
Include me in all the fun summer stuff. About dates...Brian and I just aren't planners. We're spur of the moment type of people. When we show up on your doorstep that's just how we work. Call me anytime for a girls night though and I'd LOVE to go. Better yet I'll call you. :)
Hi my love... I am so emotional today... Hormonal I am sure... but I am in tears reading your last two posts. Not sure really what to say except... hang in there, two weeks and we will Play play play. My life is so boring and we do NOTHING here, so to be back in Vernal with my friends that love me and my girls is so exciting to me. Loves.... My sister posted a video on her blog today and I am going to try to post it on mine or on FB.. it is so for you too.. Love ya.,
sometimes your posts just wear me out thinking about all you do. Today was one of those. hehe. Your so on the go, I understand how when theres a low, you feel like your not on the go or bored. Bummer. Youll have lots to post about once Janice gets there. Glad Gavin is feeling better, boy was that alot of ick going on in his little body.
I am so glad to hear that Gavin is doing much better. I too feel the same way as you in planning anything. But the older I have got the more I realize that they will hardly ever happen unless I do something about it. I'll try to do better! Take Care!
Yeah I'm glad tings are looking better! I like your list I might have to refer to it myself during the summer.=)
Post a Comment