Tuesday, May 5, 2009

My baby boy is 3!

I can’t believe my baby is 3! I think he had a great day yesterday. His main highlight was starting preschool at Central Cove Preschool. He has WONDERFUL teachers, and I know this will help him so so much. I am grateful beyond words that he got accepted. He only gets to go 3 weeks and then school ends, but the bus will be here to get him starting in the fall for next school year, and I am so excited for him.

He loved school, and especially since he got to wear a birthday crown. They just happened to be having an assembly his first day, and so I stayed with him. It was about fire safety, so they had fire trucks and firemen. One of the men thought he was just precious…mainly because of his little crown and because he was the youngest, smallest, and newest kid in the school. Or maybe it was because he was screaming, "hey, let me in that big truck..." He let him sit in the fire truck and was so cute with him. Of course I forgot the camera for that part…oh well!

I had a nice party for him all planned out. You know me…not leaving out a detail. I watched the weather all day. The morning was beautiful…not a cloud in the sky. Then the afternoon rolled in, and it was looking ugly. It came time to pack up for the party, and things were looking up. 63 degrees and only a very small breeze. Well, we got to the park and must have brought a hurricane with us…seriously. It was SO cold, SO SO windy, and so miserable to try to feed 32 family and friends, keep everything from blowing away, keep us all warm, eat cake, and have presents, etc.etc.etc. You gotta love Utah weather. :( I felt so bad for all the people who had come, but they were all so sweet. Most of all, I don’t think Kayler or his little friends noticed at all. I had bubbles, balloons, and candy for them, so I think it all turned out.

So, besides the windy party, I know my sweet little boy had a great 3rd Birthday. Enjoy the pictures!

Kayler's 1st day of school on his Birthday!



Eating dinner at his party with his friends


Playing on the park with Daddy


Presents!





Cake



Larry Boy!


Look at all the nice things people got him!


Since the wind was blowing too bad to have a candle, we had to do it at home with the leftover cake!

10 comments:

Candace and Brian said...

Kayler was SO cute yesterday. Serioulsy I laughed so hard at what a sweet boy he is. I LOVE the hat!! I'm so glad school went well and that he had a great first day. Happy Birthday Big Boy!!!

Kassi Luck said...

Happy Birthday Kayler. I am so glad he had a good birthday and first day of school. to bad the weather didn't cooperate. Gotta love Vernal wind.

Anonymous said...

He is so cute! I can' believe he is three! You are such a great mommy! The party looked great, and you are probably the only one who worried about the weather, everyone else just enjoyed it! Happy Birthday Kayler!

Nathan and Shanna said...

Kayler is such a cutie. Can't believe how time flies faster the older you get!

Brett and Diane said...

Happy Birthday Kayler! It looked like a great 3rd birthday and tons of fun new toys to play with. That's awesome that Kayler got into Central Cove Preschool. They do some neat things.

Leisa said...

He is so cute!! I remember when we first moved in the ward, he was just a newborn. I'm glad he had a great birthday.

TOYA said...

How fun was that. I'm so jealous that he gets to go to preschool. Kenyon can't start here until he's 4 and then it's only play based schooling, so more like daycare and it costs ALOT, sooooooooo i don't know if I'm going to put him in it?????

Lacy said...

He's so cute! I'm glad he was able to get on the fire truck!

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

What cute little guy is he!! Can't believe he is three and in school. So cute!!

Kelli said...

what a sweet looking picture of him ready for school. They grow up so darn fast. Kimber will go in the fall also.

Happy Birthday to your big boy!