We went to Calder’s Reservoir to camp. We were supposed to stay Friday to Monday. It is beautiful up there. My dad LOVES to take the kids fishing so when Saturday morning came, we got ready and went. It was the highlight of the whole trip. Hallie would NOT touch the fish, Gavin was unsure, and Kayler could not get enough of them. He thought they were absolutely hilarious. When we threw them back he went crazy crying and jumped in the lake after them-seriously…he jumped in, thank goodness he had a life jacket on!….After that incident we decided it would be in everyone’s best interest if G.J. took Kayler home for the night. Kayler could not handle all the chaos in the camper…he was hitting kids and adults left and right, screaming…it was so sad.
So, G.J. stayed down with him until Sunday morning then he came up hoping for some fun. The bad weather continued though. We played cards and tried to go on 4 wheeler rides, but the weather wasn’t about to cooperate. The ticks were CRAZY….Hallie had one, I almost had one, and they were crawling all over. I had finally had enough, so we loaded up Kayler and came home. Hallie and Gavin begged to stay, they don’t mind the weather and my parent’s love to have them there.
I have to say it has been a nice evening. We went to the cemetery to see my Grandma’s headstone that just came. We visited with my Grandpa, I caught up on blogs, and am just preparing myself for the week to come. I can’t believe it is the last week of school!
Tomorrow we are dedicating the whole evening to going to all the cemeteries. We have loved ones at all of them in town, so I am praying the kids will be good and that we can have a meaningful Family Home Evening remembering all our family and friends that have passed on. I hope everyone has had a great weekend!
8 comments:
Way to use the tongue Gav! It is still early in the year to have a good camping trip. I am sure we will have some good ones still to come. It was nice to get out of the house and do something different for a change.
I'm sorry the weather ruined your plans, but it looks like you made some fun memories anyway. ..
Those life jackets look so cool! Where do you get them? Are they coast guard approved? I need to get Nevie a new one this year.
this is our first memorial weekend with nice weather in all my years in washington. hehe. and I am going to be sporting the hospital pasty white lack of sun tan. hehe
I saw the cars coming and going and wondered if you gusy were camping or not. I can't believe the rain. It gives you such mixed emotions. It looks like you guys had fun regardless. Good luck at the cemetraires tonight. What a neat experience. Talk to you soon!
We love to camp! I hope our little guy likes it too! We haven't gone yet this year, but hopefully soon! Cute pictures, your kids are so fun!
I'm so sorry that the weather ruined your camping plans! I must say that I am so glad that we decided not to go. My kids love to camp and were disappointed, but since we sent up our trailer in our drive way and let them sleep in it they soon got over it!
I have a love hate relationship with camping. As long as the weather is good I love it! The mud comes and I hate it!
fun fun fun... gotta love those wet and cold camping trips. see you in a few weeks.
kisses and hugs
Post a Comment