On a different note, Kayler is finally...finally...finally...potty trained. I looked back on my posts, and it was September 15th of last year that I initially started the process. The process that took me a few weeks with Hallie and Gavin has taken me over 9 months with my sweet Kayler. We still have to remind him to go and all that, but he hasn't had an accident with me for over a week now! He even came upstairs today from watching T.V. and said, "mommy, I need to poopy..." So he did.
I can't tell you how happy that makes me! At his last Dr. appt. earlier this month, the Dr. told me that kids on the Autism spectrum are lucky to be trained by age 5. I was NOT going to be told that he couldn't do something, being the stubborn girl I am, so I got to work. I just hope that it is smooth sailing with the potty thing from here on out. We shall see!
Speaking of my stubbornness, I am now officially convinced that I am really really stubborn, a lot more than I originally thought. I have been on the thyroid medicine for a month now. I have to take it 3 times a day. That KILLS me. Luckily I have 3 alarms set on my cell phone so it reminds me. I guess why it really bothers me is that I am not a pill taker. I don't like anyone or anything (including pills) controlling me. When the Dr. told me that I HAVE to take them to live, function, get better...it just really makes me mad.
I had a follow-up set of blood work, and after taking the pills faithfully, my TSH went from 0 to 0.02 a whole 2 points of an improvement. So, the Dr. called last night and told me he was doubling my dosage. I have to try really hard to get over my stubbornness and just do it. Swallow the dang pills down and hope for that best...that is all I can do right?
So other than that, things are going really well at our house. Our garden is growing so well. Our yards are looking nice. The weather makes me so happy. Having the kids be out of school makes me happy. Now I just have to figure out what to do with them while they are home!
Tomorrow we head to Rock Springs for our nieces graduation. I think our dear Heavenly Father may have had a little nap while making the town of Rock Springs. I am totally kidding, but I have to give G.J. a hard time for growing up there. It is ugly, windy, cold, the people are mean (besides our family of course!) and I just don't like it. I hope it is the last time in a long time that I will have to go there!
Happy Summer!!!!
9 comments:
Ouch, how come every time you mention Rock Springs, you have to rip it to shreds. It makes me so sad, heh heh. Gotta love those wild and crazy kids.
I have similar nude pictures of my kids from last summer. Only mine are in mud from head to toe, because of no yard.Yuck!
My mother-in-law always says your not a good mom, unless you let your kids run naked once in awhile.
There you go- We're great moms!
Good luck with the pills. I'm sure it will become a habbit after awhile.
Please potty train my Lilla, no really, pleeeeeeeeease!
I am sorry that you have to go to Rock Springs too. I don't like it much either. I love the pics of the kids playing in the water!! Lots of fun. Trish and Dave went camping last weekend as well and had a few ticks too. YUCK YUCK!! Sorry about the meds. I hate taking pills too. They just aren't fun. GOod luck and i hope they continue to work.
HF taking a nap. hehe. your so funny. Hey when you take your pills keep in mind it could be worse. Kyler takes pills 4 times a day. there are 16 different pills with a total of 40 pills PER DAY. hehe
Funny what can happen in just FIVE minutes isn't it! That's awesome! I wish I could have seen the look on your face when you came around the corner to see the little streakers! That's awesome about the potty training! I am still debating about Tate! I am the same way about taking pills! I just don't do it... but if I had to I would for sure! Good luck! I guess I won't be putting Rock Springs on my list of places to see before I die! :)
Congrats on the potty training!! Sometimes stubbourness is a good thing!! Love the naked pics, hillarious!
I love naked-kid pictures!!! It is one of those times when you say - What? Just smile and love them! Dinner was awesome Thursday by the way!
I love me some naked pics....
sorry about the thyroid thing. Pills didnt work AT ALL for my mom. they did radiation on it and now after two years, they think it is regenerating itself, which is super uncommon. she is not happy. I still need to get in. I am just dragging my feet about it.
oh ya... good job KAYLER.
Post a Comment