Monday, August 11, 2008

Ward Campout

Our ward campout was last Friday night at Dyer Park. We left Kayler with Grandma and Grandpa Searle (thank goodness-it wouldn't have near as much fun if he would have went, as bad as it sounds...he is just SOOO busy) and took Hallie and Gavin for a night of fun in our little tent. It was so well planned by our ward activity committee, we had a huge turnout, and LOTS of fun doing all the activities and getting to know the people in our ward better. I'll let the pictures tell the story.All the crap we had to take for one night
Our home for the night
Yummy Dutch Oven Dinner
Kids having lots of fun playing
Settling in for the night
With my yummy cupcakes that I made
The kids trying to steal my last bite of cupcake
The next morning at the fire (How cute is that, Gav in the middle of all the other little boys and Hallie being shy off to the side)
The rocket launchThe machine launched them up over 200 feet. Gavin's got 2nd place overall.

We seriously had so much fun. I was telling G.J. that it was probably one of the funnest things we have done all summer. Even better, besides gas to drive 25 miles and the food I took for the potluck, we spent ZERO money. That made it all that much better. I think my kids will remember it for a long time.

4 comments:

Paul and Megan Hawkes said...

Sounds like fun. I tried getting on your private blog this morning, did you delete it? Just wondering! I love the pictures, your kids are darling.

Briana said...

I miss ward camp outs. We haven't been to one in years. They are always so much fun. Those cupcakes look delicious by the way. ;)

Lucky Me said...

That was so much fun. It was by far the most fun and well organized ward camp-out we have ever been to. I didn't even notice that Kayler wasn't there. I guess I would have deffinately noticed if he was. hehehe It was fun to see you guys there.

Kristi said...

Those cupcakes look so cute, and yummy, good job! I love your blog layout, such cute colors. I think we missed our ward campout, it makes me sad, hearing how fun yours was.