Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Flowers, Exercise, Hair, and Dinner

This post is a random mish-mosh of things that I have been up to. First off, I GOT FLOWERS!!! It has been years since I have gotten any, so when the flower delivery truck pulled up in front of my house I got all jittery inside thinking who the heck sent them. At first I thought of G.J., and I was a little mad, because he knows we don’t have money for that sort of thing. Then I was embarrassed because I thought it was someone who had read my post about my terrible dream and was taking pity on me…lol. To my surprise, they were from my sweet 12 year old cousin Jade. I had went through my closet and gotten rid of a ton of stuff, and I thought she might like it. She did- so much so that she sent me flowers. What makes it even sweeter is that she remembered that my favorite color is purple. Thanks Jade!!! You made my day.My next item of business is that I have begun working out again-shocker..I know! We have a pass to the rec. center, so I figure I better put it to use. Every year I get invited to do this alumni Drill team thing for homecoming week at our high school. Every year I do it, I promise myself that I will lose weight before I do….well; THIS is the year…lol. I just have to. I am the oldest and fattest person there with the most kidS(I know, doesn't seem very alumni-ish if I am 25 and the oldest one...lol) So I need to get to work. I am super sore from my attempted work out. I am going to go every Tuesday and Thursday. If I go more than that I will get burned out. The kids love the little daycare, and I actually enjoyed myself, so we will see how much weight falls off and how good of shape I get in. Wish me luck.

Item of business number 3. My poor hair. Let me show you a picture of how it looked when I got married.

Now here is a picture of it short.

It is currently as long as the first picture again, and I just don’t know what to do with it. I don’t have the time or money or energy to color it, or keep up a short do. Plus, I have a fat face so short just doesn’t work. Of course, I weigh 30 lbs less than when that short hair picture was taken, so I just don’t know. I haven’t had it cut since Christmas. I am going today, and I think I will just be boring and get a trim-unless anyone has any better ideas.

My last topic is my Dinner club. I had heard of them before, and secretly wished I would be invited to be in one someday. Well imagine my surprise when a few weeks ago my friend Casey invited me! I am sure most of you know how it works. I only cook one night a week. I have to cook 4 dinners though, and deliver to the other girls in the group. Then the other nights of the week, they take turns and deliver it to me. It was so cute last night I overheard Gavin telling Hallie that he was hungry. She said, “Don’t worry bud, when the doorbell rings our dinner will be here.” It has been great. I was worried at first, because I didn’t know if the other families would like my cooking, or vice versa, but so far it has been great. Here is our menu for August.

So random random random was that post, but at least they were all positive things going on in my life right? Have a great day!

7 comments:

Cara said...

Girl I think you look cute no matter what you do with your hair! I know how it feels though to have to take care of it day in and day out! I love your blog!

Kelli said...

I like your hair long

Very nice flowers

Need more details on the dinner club, what did you say about dishes? and the recipe for that strawberry french toast dinner thingy.

I am tired today!

Paul and Megan Hawkes said...

I love dinner group. We have done it for almost two years. We don't do it in the summer so I have really been missing it. I love knowing that dinner will be on the table when I get home from running kids all evening.

Anonymous said...

I like your hair long better. But I just love long hair.

Interesting thing, this dinner club. I'm afraid that I wouldn't be able to handle it. I'm so particular when it comes to cleanliness and food - I would really have to know everyone else in the club, and trust that they were the same way in the kitchen as I am. ;) No finger licking, no pets in the kitchen while you cook, always washing hands between touching things, that sort of thing. I've always been extra paranoid ever since I found some dog hair in some cookies that a co-worker brought to work - that's right... not ONE dog hair... SEVERAL dog hairs. This co-worker was always using a lint roller to clean the dog hair off of her clothes after she got to work - she was covered in it. Ever since "the hairy cookie incident" I just can't eat anything unless I've been in someone's kitchen and seen how they cook. That's bad, isn't it?

Janice {Run Far} said...

Love the dinner Idea, Love that you got some flowers, as women we need that from time to time no matter who they are from. Good lucj with the hair, I am not sure wha to do with mine either.

Danielle Hacking said...

I love your hair long, its so beautiful, but I know what you mean about keeping it up, I've been thinking about chopping mine off here lately, too many bun days. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, add me to your list. I think you look great. When you are happy in life and a mom, you usually come last...your kids and husband love you anyway! lesliellucero@yahoo.com