I wasn’t going to post again until after I closed my online Modbe party (which closes out Tuesday). If you haven’t read my blog in a while, scroll down to see about that. BUT…..I could NOT contain myself after watching the Olympics today. This is the moment that got me so pumped up. The mens swimming relay.
I love love and I mean LOVE watching the Olympics. I have ever since I was a little girl. I get emotional, excited, scared, filled with suspense, and completely covered in goose bumps as I watch these amazing athletes. It makes me want to lose like 25 lbs and get to work…on what sport I have no clue…lol. I think I would have had to decide that like 20 years ago. Oh well-maybe I can get my kids started on something Olympic worthy. (Hallie said she would REALLY love to do fencing, hehe!) I was actually in labor and delivered Hallie during the Sydney Games back in 2000. I love everything about the games. The unity of our world, country, and athletes-it is just surreal and so uplifting. So much work goes into the whole scheme of it all; it is just mind blowing to me. I never get into sports that are commercialized like the NBA, NFL, etc. I think it is all a bunch of bull-crap sorry if that offends anyone. I do however truly love and appreciate athletes who do this for the love and pride of themselves, their family, teammates, and their country.
I have been counting down the days for it to start, and I will be sad when it is all over. I rarely watch TV, if ever, but I have been glued to it all I can. Poor Georgie and my kids will have to do without their Olympian wannabe mommy.
Anyways, hope all is well with everyone, and that I am not alone in my totally obsessed attitude with the Olympics. I have a lot of pictures from our ward campout last weekend (which turned out PERFECT!) but I had to get this little enthusiastic rant off my chest. GO
5 comments:
I have my Tivo set to record all Olympic events and I love it. I too have always loved to watch the olympics. I love to hear their stories about how they got there and all the back ground. I love watching Micheal Phelps too, he is amazing and I watched the girls gymnastics last night and it was so fun.
You are not the only one obsessed. I was jumping up & down screaming at that event. I recorded it and I think I must have watched it 15 times!!! So Cool!!
I am right there with ya. Gary and I were watching the men's relay last night (I love my DVR) and I couldn't even stay in my seat. I was up jumping and holding my breath at the same time. It was awesome to see especially just after the heartbreaker in the womens swim (can't remember what race it was) by just 7/10 of a second.
I also love watching the Olympics. Go USA!
I love the Olympics! I need to get Tivo so I can watch everything.
Post a Comment