
It is so funny that today, the last day of 2008, I am doing my 200th blog post. I saw it fit to go back through all my posts and choose 2 highlights from each month of the past year:
January
-We vacationed to Sunny Warm Arizona to celebrate Gavin’s birthday with G.J.’s parents
-We mourned the loss of our dear prophet
February
-G.J. and I won a huge radio prize
-Kayler spent time in the hospital for Influenza (It was the 14th time we have had a child hospitalized)
March
-I celebrated my 25th Birthday
-We celebrated Easter the earliest in our life time, with snow still on the ground
April
-Started selling Modbe
-The snow finally melted
May
-Went to Lagoon to celebrate Kayler’s 2nd Birthday
-Gavin graduated preschool and school let out for the summer! (Boy do I look forward to that time again!!!)
June
-My brother got engaged
-Kayler learned how to climb out of his crib
July
-Hallie’s dog Dexter died
-We spent some time in Steamboat Springs
August
-Kris and Jenette got married
-Hallie and Gavin started school
September
-Gavin got Glasses
-Hallie celebrated her 8th Birthday
October
-Hallie got baptized
-Got family pictures
November
-Kayler was diagnosed with Asperger’s Syndrome
-I got my yearly sickness-was sick for 3 weeks
December
-got busy with my new calling as Enrichment mini class leader
-Had a WONDERFUL holiday season
As I look back, we had a wonderful year. Sure, there were a lot more “down” times so to speak, but I really feel like all in all, the year of 2008 was a year of learning, success, growth, and finding the meaning of true happiness for myself and my family.
I am truly grateful, as gay as that sounds, for this blog. It was so fun for me to go down memory lane for awhile and remember the things that happened this past year. I was so excited to get my blog printed as a book, but very disappointed that blurb.com discontinued their service of this :( (If anyone knows anywhere else I can do it let me know!)
So to all of you that read my blog, thank you for being on this journey with me. Thank you for taking the time to leave me comments, they all mean so much to me. Thank you also for posting on your blogs as well. I have been inspired, uplifted, and comforted more than I can say as I have read about the people I truly care about.
Have a wonderful, safe, happy, and healthy 2009!!!
10 comments:
Wow, I am so proud that you can remember that far back. I can barely remember two days ago!
LOL~ I just posted my 2008 in review and I pretty much did the same thing..... a little something from each month, and I didn't know you had dome the same thing.. Great minds think alike.... now I am going to go back and read it all. Miss ya
Wow-you are much better at keeping a blog/journal than me! I looked back at mine and it was embarrassing!! I'll use your example and do better next year though. Happy '09 to you, too!
what? I was just going to start working on printing my blog. DANG. I did print a photo book but having looked into printing blogs at snapfish.com
happy new year, I am glad we became bloggy buddies.
I love these reviews!! I think you handled your year amazingly! Hope your next year is even better!
Thanks for sharing your year with me! I have thoroughly enjoyed getting to know you! You are awesome!
I didn't now that blurb.com quit doing books. I have heard about a site called www.mypublisher.com If you have a Costco membership you can access that site through costco photo for a discount. I haven't checked it out all thst closely yet though.
I just want you to know that you are an inspirations to me as well and I love the sweet comments that you make on my blog as well.
I'm grateful to be apart of your journey. I too am grateful for my blog for the help in remembering. Call me when you get home!
I just found a link to print out a blog for really cheap. Go to http://serv.sharedbook.com/blogworld/printmyblog/index.html
Hope that helps!
Post a Comment