G.J. had his lovely work party last night, so his parents watched the kids. G.J.'s mom is one of the best cooks in the world. She homemade...from scratch that is... little gingerbread men in all sorts of shapes. They were even moist and yummy, not crunchy, hard, and yucky. Then she went to the candy store and got special little things for the kids to decorate them. They had a blast.
The work party was better than I had imagined. I don't know many of his employees. Luckily I did know one girl that is my scrapbook group. We had fun, came home with some great prizes (a really nice frying pan, Tom Tom Navigation device, candles), and had a good time away, alone.
I am very ready for Christmas. I am finished shopping. I refuse to enter Wal-Mart unless is it an emergency until after New Years. I love the snow. What I do NOT love is this snot freezing, take-away-your-breath, frigid, freaking miserable cold weather. It is retarded that the day time high is like 9 degrees sometimes. I literally feel frozen inside, and for someone who is claustrophobic, that is not a good feeling.
Anyways, I am looking forward to a pretty uneventful weekend. Hallie has a piano recital tomorrow, and I have a music choir thing for church Sunday night. Happy Holidays everyone...have a great day.
6 comments:
how fun, there is nothing funner for a kid then to make cookies with the ole grandparents....
Yummy! I love the gingerbread man that missing a leg. Have a great weekend and Merry Christmas to the Searle's!
Yum!!! I should have went over last night. I could have eaten one of the heads or legs just as good as the kids. :) Glad you are just enjoying the holiday. I'm finished with everything too and it's a great feeling. See you Sunday. I can't wait to see the Battle of the Choirs.
we are having so much snow. our highs though are in the 20's. our ward canceled church already for tomorrow. which is kind of sad since its the sunday before christmas.we have lots of elderly and hills so the icy roads wouldnt be good. Love those cookies. You got some good gifts at the party. teachers dont really have parties so no work parties for us. boo hoo.
Amen sista!!! I hate this weather, and I hate walmart and I don't want to go there anymore, and I've only gone like twice, thats how much I hate it!! Your cookies look awesome!! Sounds like fun!! And the party sounds awesome!! Nice prizes!
Hey I need your address. You can email it to me at jocelynmcclellan@yahoo.com
I hope you have an awesome christmas.
Don't plan on getting your card before christmas. They messed up the first cards. I I haven't gotten the second batch yet. But its a nice after thought I guess!!
I love you and your posts they crack me up. There are usually like 30 comments so I never write anything but I do read them.
Post a Comment