Christmas Eve was filled with lots of fun. Grandpa Kenny took Hallie and Gavin sledding behind his Rhino.
That evening we were supposed to spend with G.J.’s parents. They had a change of plans so they brought us a FULL…not to mention delicious Christmas Eve dinner. It was the first time we had spent Christmas Eve all alone, just as our little family. We enjoyed ham, mashed potatoes and gravy, yummy broccoli, homemade rolls, and tri color Christmas 7-UP Jell-O. It was so good, and such a special time. I just love Christmas Eve. We had several stories, opened up our pajamas, and the kids were out by 9:30, but not before sitting out Santa his snack of chocolate covered gummy worms, a cinnamon sucker, and fruit punch (Hallie and Gavin were very worried he was getting sick of milk and cookies!) Here are the Pictures from Christmas Eve:
Christmas morning was so beautiful- literally picture perfect with snow falling, the kids sleeping, and such fun to look forward to. We had to wake the kids up a little before 8. They were so excited, I think every year gets funner and funner!
Santa brought Hallie: knex, tinkertoys, idog speaker, neo pet, littlest pet shop, & Stocking Stuff. Gavin got: Lincoln logs, Scooby doo game, magic tricks, neo pet, Nintendo DS Game, robe, and Stocking filled with fun stuff. Santa brought Kayler: nesting dolls, robe, cars, cars ramp, lots of Mr. Potato heads, Cars rug, and all his Stocking stuff.
The kids got lots of fun clothes, pajamas, toys, and games from people like G.J. and I along with their Aunts, Uncles and cousins. G.J. and I only bought each other stuff for stockings, and some stuff on the side earlier in the month.
As usual, the Grandparents outdid Santa. It used to really bother me, but one thing I noticed this year is that the kids were SO excited about Santa and the magic of it all, that they really don’t care what Grandma brings. Even though it is fun and all, Santa is still Number 1 here! G.J.’s parents got Hallie neo pets, DS games, shampoo and other bathroom stuff, and clothes. They got Gavin several games, DS games, a cowboy hat, play sets and clothes. They got Kayler Veggie Tales movies (his favorite!) clothes, a cowboy hat, and a Cars Blanket. They got G.J. basketball stuff, and work clothes/shoes. They got me a gift card to Costco, a new kitchen faucet, and a new coat.
My mom and dad decided to have us open all our presents at their house. My mom LOVES Christmas, and she goes a little overboard, which is much to our advantage, but my goodness, this woman knows how to shop! G.J. was thrilled with his brand new 40 inch flat screen T.V. He has wanted a new T.V. forever-ours is beyond ancient! I got my sewing machine that I wanted so bad, as well as clothes, new bathroom rugs, and a gift card to Costco. They got Hallie an iPod touch with accessories, clothes, pajamas, and some toys. They got Gavin a Nintendo DS with games and accessories, bug maker, toys, and clothes. They got Kayler a giddy up and go pony, puzzles, Dance cam, toys, clothes, and a projector thing. We had a lot of fun opening our gifts, eating another delicious meal, and resting at my parents’ house all day. We arrived home to do the unwrapping, putting together, playing and sorting of all the goods…oooh what fun! Here are the pictures:
So all in all, it was a great perfect time. We received so many things from the people we love most. In return, I hope that they truly enjoyed what we had to give them. Like I have said before, there is nothing better than family, friends, food, fun, and festivities of all kind!
Just some side pictures/notes. After all those gifts, look what the kids ended up doing all day today. Hallie and Gavin played in G.J.'s T.V. box, and Kayler watched the same Veggie Tales movie over and over, go figure!:
10 comments:
So much fun. I'm glad Santa was good to all of you. You must have been very good this year ;}
holy cow, if I had parents and inlaws that gave those great gifts, I wouldnt by my spouse or myself anything either,save your money. hehe. I am so happy you had a wonderful day. I wish I had it in me to take down my tree. I exercised for 75 minutes including lunges and boy do I feel it. UGGG
sounds like a great day. I love that Horse. It is so dang cute.
What a great Christmas. I was thinking about you. The neighborhood seemed so quiet and for once I wanted to know what was going on. :) The grandparents definitely got you covered. That's so nice. I WANTED to take down all my Christmas but decided I would leave it up until Brian's sister comes. We'll see. I don't think your Scrouge for doing it. TTYL
Wow you did have a great christmas!! Yeah for the TV and sewing machine!! Your christmas sounds awesome!! My kind of christmas EVE! Especially cause you didn't have to do any of the cooking!! Thats awesome! Glad you had a good one!
Sounds absolutely perfect!! I couldn't agree with you more, nothing better than watching the kiddos be so excited, being together and eating!!! Glad everything was so great!
I'm so glad that you all got spoiled for Christmas, you guys deserved it! I love that horse, how fun! With grandparents like that I wouldn't buy any other gifts either, WOW! You are such a Scrooge, but a good one! He He!! Take care!
Too cute! I love that they played in that box... it is so true, we try so hard to make everything perfect, and then the simplest thing is what they play with forever. I love it! Merry Christmas
What a NICE Christmas. That horse is so neat. What is it about kids and boxes.
Kandice why are you so dang sweet? Thanks for thinking of me! And I did know you lived by Cindy but I wasn't sure where. Maybe I'll get lucky enough to see you sometime when we're staying out there!
Post a Comment