The music you can see but not hear is Kayler crying (and G.J. making fun of him) for lasting in the snow for all of 2 minutes. He got snow in his face from throwing the fit shown in the picture above. I didn’t feel too bad though. I HATE playing in the snow, so I was happy to take him inside and play in the warmth. G.J. and the kids are working on an igloo, so stay tuned for pictures of that huge project!
The next music came with Hallie’s Christmas piano recital at the care center. So if you have 41 seconds to spare, click on the link below to listen to “her version” of Jingle Bells!
The music continued on Sunday with choir practice for me bright and early. Then we had our annual sing along Sacrament meeting that was so spiritual. I really enjoy singing Christmas songs.
The music didn’t stop there. I had to fill in for a friend leading the music in Relief Society. Then if that all wasn’t enough, we had our Stake’s annual sing along where every ward performs one song. Our ward did great! Our ward went first and then G.J. and I left because I had a wicked headache from all that singing, so I don’t know how the rest turned out.
Anyways, I am trying so hard to soak up this wonderful time of year. I have found that the true joy is quick and fleeting, so I have to take advantage of it when it comes. The kids KNOW it is Christmas time, and for some odd reason, that makes them act super naughty…even more than usual. I just can't bring myself to tell them that "santa's watching" because I am giving them their presents no matter what, so what's the use! So I am pretty tired at this point. Just think -I have 2 full weeks until they go back to school. Oh well, at least I get to sleep in and not have them on the bus at 7:30 a.m.!
6 comments:
The choir sounded wonderful yesterday. They always do-Janet is awesome picking songs. That's neat that Hallie's performance was at the care center. She is growing up into such a beautiful young girl. I always peak at her getting off the bus and she isn't your little girl anymore. :) Can you believe this snow today? I can promise you we are staying inside. Talk to you later.
I agree the Christmas songs are the best this time of year! And I'm glad to hear that it's not just my kids who are extra-naughty this time of year! And even my 2 year old doesn't believe me when I tell her Santa is watching she says "He too far away mom" So you're right it does no good.
its too early for me to turn on sound in my house. hehe 6am, so I will come back and listen to jingle bells. (everyone would wake up) sounds like lots of "music" going on in your life.
I love all the sounds of Christmas....
Too much singing gives me a headache too. But, you did have a wonderfully musical weekend. Sacrament was really nice, at least what I got to enjoy. Between Desi's bloody nose and Spencer wanting to go to the bathroom every five minutes I didn't get to see (or hear) much. Hallie did a great job. Recitals are really nerve racking on them.
Merry Christmas! xoxo
Post a Comment