Some other unfortunate events have occurred as well. It all started on Saturday night. Journey back there with me….
I was getting ready for an after Christmas party with some friends from high school. I had received a memo that we were going to make it an ugly sweater contest. I decided to be a good sport. I was going to call my mother in law, because she has some dandy sweaters, but how do you call and ask to borrow one for an “ugly sweater contest”…hehe. LOL! Well I remembered that my friend Mandy and her husband had found the ugliest ensemble ever so I made the call to her-she was clear in Salt Lake- to figure out how to get the sweaters. Well we got dressed and ready, don’t we look SO cute!!!:
Moving on. Just as we were about to leave, my brother called. He wanted to know if G.J. and I could go to Puerto Vallarta with him. Oh boy!! Sure we do. Even better, it was only $475 round trip-steal of a deal. We would stay at a nice resort, play on the beach, and only be gone for 4 days. Now I am excited! Then SLAM….I had to have a babysitter, find my passport, pack my bags, notify someone at G.J.’s work, and be in Salt Lake at the airport by 6 a.m. the NEXT morning. Ummm. O.K.- never mind.
So, I headed to the party with a sad feeling. I had felt my body for one fleeting second start to thaw out from the frigid freaking temperatures here. Isn’t it so funny when you watch the weather, and the weather man always says, “Still very cold in the Uintah Basin…” They are practically mocking us-DUH, we know it is snot freezing miserable outside. Anyways, now we arrive at the party.
G.J. was a little bit nervous because he really didn’t know anybody. He was very pleased when we pulled up and my cousin Kassi and her hubby Levi were there. G.J. is good friends with Levi, so now he won’t be all alone. Well guess what?- Kassi and Levi didn’t get the memo about the ugly sweaters. We opened the door to go in, and guess what….the host forgot to find herself an ugly sweater. O.K. I thought, for sure everyone else got the memo. Well the next 4 couples walked through the door, NO UGLY SWEATERS. Here are G.J. and I looking like the GAYEST couple in history with our berets and Grandma sweaters. Finally we decided to take them off….lol-laugh it off right?
We did eat a delicious dinner, reminisced for a little while with some friends, but then we headed to see a movie, we really needed a date all alone. We went to Marley and Me. It really was good, but it was quite a depressing show, so I didn’t exactly leave feeling better.
So…I have to kick myself in the butt, move on, and realize that I really do live a wonderful life. I am blessed beyond belief somedays…even if I got caught all alone in an ugly sweater, even if I am frozen stiff, even if I have to wake up all night long with my little boy, even if right now I have a messy house, loads of laundry, hate cooking, bills, among other things…, and even if I am not on the beach with my hubby, brother, and sis-in-law. Someday…someday. But for now, I am happy, and that is all that matters! Have a great day! :)
12 comments:
Don't worry sweetie, we will get out of this iceberg hopefully sooner than later. There will be another good deal. Guess we will have to start giving Gav some of Kay's sleepy medicine, see if that helps :@. Hope the rest of your day is good. Luvs.
Love the sweaters..wink wink.
I totally understsnd the no sleep thing. Not sleeping can make you a little crazy. I know from experience. Have a great rest of the day!
I want to see that movie also. When you said PV I thought you meant the resturant. we have them here called PV (I can spell it, sorry) so it really threw me you needed a passport. hehehaha if it helps B&K are still up at night. Hugs for you!
Okay if it matters I haven't quit laughing about the ugly sweaters. I think you looked great and the story is even funnier. DOn't feel bad about having bad days. Today I felt blue and told Brian what a sacrifice motherhood is. I wouldn't trade it for the world but I feel lately I miss out on so much (tubing, snowmobiling, movies, and tonight the Jazz game). Oh well! Instead of feeling sad I jumped in my car and went shopping and visiting all day long. I kept thinking I should call and see if you wanted to go to dinner but then got lazy and let my mom cook for me. :) I agree about a family/date night. We should go see the movie Bedtime Stories with all the kids. That would be fun. Oh and if you are up at 2 tonight blink your lights hello. :) Talk to you soon.
I wouldn't worry to much about the sweaters, I didn't even think they were that ugly! I just want you to know that you aren't the only one...It seems to me that I have more than my fair share of bad days! It is comforting for me to know that I'm not the only one. Take care and know that I'm here whenever you need! Hope you have a wonderful day!
girl!! You so should of had me watch your kids!! I would have loved to!!! Promise me next time you'll call. I promise to take good care of them. I'm so sorry that the Sweater thing didn't turn out. I THINK YOU LOOK GREAT!!!!! YOu totally would have one. I think Heather forgot to memo jesse too, who was the one wanting to do it. But he its the memories huh!! I was eating my dinner. Looked up to see you and you were gone!! I wanted to chit chat. I did take a while to eat though I had 3 helpings. Yes I was hungry. Hey do you want to go to the temple this week? Let me know!!!
No worries!! I wish we would have gotten the memo about the sweaters earlier cause I think it could have been really fun. You guys looked cute and not too hideous!! It was really good to talk to you guys and when we move back we will have to get together.
I know it doesn't matter, but I thought the sweaters were AWESOME!! And you guys were nice to be good sports and do it in the first place!! And don't feel bad about wanting and needing sleep, I am the same way, and it seems that you can handle anything ten times better if you just get sleep, but if you have that crappy interupted sleep everything is ten times harder. Give yourself some credit. You are amazing! And next time you get the chance to go to PV DO IT!!! It's amazing.
ok, great post... Horrible sweaters.... PV.. I want to go. and we all want our sleep, so don't feel bad about that one.
Miss ya.
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Sorry, but I have to laugh about you guys showing up in those awful things. he he he
Anyway, I am sorry you are having a rough couple of days. Lets have a girls night. soon. you let me know when will work for you. Love your guts!!!!!
I'm sorry you've had a bummer of a week! I wish you could have gone on vacation. I feel so bad for you guys every time I watch the weather. Come out & stay with me! It's a toasty 20 degrees here, but at least we're above zero!
I can't believe nobody wore ugly sweaters. That would have been so fun if everyone had participated! At least you and GJ aren't lame and you dressed up. Now you have a cool memory and a cool picture of you both looking HOT.(;
Hey Puerto Vallarta sounds great to me! Sorry you couldn't go......love your ugly sweaters.....Hope you had a Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment