I had something super funny happen over the weekend, but I debated whether or not to post it. Hallie will kill me if she ever happens to read this....but oh well!!!
We went shopping on Friday at a new women's clothing store in town. I had to use the bathroom, which was super cute by the way. There were 2 baskets sitting there. One was full of fans (you know that open up so you can fan yourself when you are hot) There was a cute little sign that said "For women in Menopause" There was another basket full of pads and tampons and all of that, and had a sign that said "For Women Before Menopause".
Well I got a little laugh out of it, but didn't think much about it. Hallie said she had to go to the bathroom. She came back very concerned looking and asked me right away, "Mom, what is menopause?" Well we were in a very small store crammed with people, so it was not the time or place to explain that to her. I just told her I would tell her later. So she says, "Well could I please be a woman in Menopause because I really want one of those fans!" We (Me, my mom, and sister in law) busted up laughing, paid for our stuff, and then got in the car.
Well, the conversation did not end there. She really wanted to know what all this talk was about. We told her a little bit about things. Then she asked when she was going to use the things in the "other" basket. My mom is such a dork sometimes, and she said "Well Hallie, when you grow little boobies and start to grow hair under your arms and other places-you will get to, but you don't want that to happen for a long long time."
Hallie got a terrified look on her face and said, "Oh man, if I start growing hair, I am just going to shave it all off, just like my mom...." OK, Talk about embarrassing for ME at this point. I knew she was talking about me shaving my armpits and legs, but I know my mom and sister-in-law weren't thinking that same thing....lol
So let the fun begin. She is such a smart little curious girl...and she is only 8 lol. I wouldn't put it past her to Google "menopause", among other things. So I guess I will have to have some talks with her...wish me luck
16 comments:
LOL~ I love that little girl.
that is so funny. And at 8! wow.
Too funny. Why can't those questions come at home when no one else is around?!!! It's scary how early it starts!
Oh man are you in for it!!! She is a hoot!
That is funny. She is too cute and too smart. I love it!
What a funny girl!! Good luck with all the explaining you'll be doing...
That is so funny. Once she figures out what it's all about, she's gonna wish she never knew.
That is so funny!! I can't believe she is eight!! Crazy!! Sounds like you handled it well, I would have messed it all up!! Good luck with the future talks, sounds like she will be a curious one!! What a cute family you have!! You and GJ are so cute!!
So funny!! Kenna is a curious little thing too and she is only 2. I am sure I will be having the same talks in a few years.
OH MY HECK! That is hilarious. I never want to have to have any of those talks. I want them to stay inoccent. But good luck with that, this day and age!!
So funny. What a cutie!
It's way funny that something like that came up when and where it did. Kids are SO smart. Um, ya, so I am feeling a little embarrassed about the forever long comment I left a little while back, and I just wanted you to know that I am not trying to be nosey or all advise-y or whatever... sorry.
Hey Kandice! That is hilarious! I literally have tears streaming down my cheeks.
I recognized your photo... we were at the same bridal shower this summer. I didn't know ANYONE there. Anyhow... Hope to meet up with you soon! :)
That is hilarious! She is such a funny girl.
She is such a cutie! That is to funny. I already have a girl at that stage in her life. Which is a very odd feeling for me because I don't "feel" old enough to have one that old. Enjoy them every minute of everyday because before you know it they'll be grown up and gone.
I remember getting "the talk" at 9 because of some tabloid about a 9 year-old having a baby. I was freaking out about not wanting to have a baby so my Mom just laid it all out for me. I think I took it pretty well but man, looking at an 8 or 9 year lod now just seems sooo young. Good luck ;}
Post a Comment