Sunday, April 20, 2008

Our Whirl-WINDY weekend!




What a whirlwind weekend it has been-in more than one way. First off, the dang !@#$%^& wind has blown non stop for what seems like forever. Wind makes me feel ornery, tired, dirty, and mean. I think it does that to most people.

The other whirlwind came because we went out of town. Anyone with kids knows that is a huge chore in itself. Hallie had a little dance competition in Taylorsville. G.J. stayed home with Kayler (thank goodness-hauling an almost 2 year old around isn’t my cup of tea). G.J.’s mom was heading up to Logan to watch our niece in a dance competition as well. She was nice enough to take Gavin with her, and he was SO excited. So that left me, my Mom, and Hallie to go all alone. I get excited for some “girly” time. I remember doing similar trips as a little girl with my mom and grandma, and I have some very fond memories of those times, so I hope I can do the same for Hallie. It was so funny. I asked her if there were any boys that she thought were cute at school. She got really embarrassed and said, “Well, Michael C. has really nice hair. He has bangs that are a smooth chocolaty brown color, and I like how he looks, but I am NOT in love with him, I just like how he looks.” She is just so darn cute!

Anyways, we left Friday, and got there in the evening. My brother lives there, but was going on a date. So we went to the Gateway. We wanted to take Hallie to the Children’s Museum. Well long story short, we waited for our dinner for 2 hours, missed the museum, didn’t get shopping done, and left with a mad 7 yr. old, and tired mom and grandma. We just needed some sleep.

Well, sleep we did. I NEVER sleep in past like 9. Well to my surprise, we woke up at 10:00 a.m.!!! Half our morning was gone. My brother desperately wanted us to clean his filthy house for him. This is the brother that might be going on Deal or No Deal(we haven’t heard anything about that by the way). So I decided if I wanted a share of his winnings I better clean his house.

So we did that and than Hallie had her competition. It was a rat race. 50,000 little girls in little costumes running and prancing and dancing and it was just crazy. I did the same exact thing for 15 years of my life, and I loved it. I earned a new respect for my mom for taking me to all those things. I think it really overwhelmed Hallie. She said she doesn’t want to dance next year, but we will see. I don’t want to turn into a crazy “stage mom”, but I also have a lot of experience in dance, and if you want to be good when you are older, you have to start young. We might give her a year off, and let her decide after that. I want her to do what makes her happy.

We then met up with Grandma Searle and picked up Gavin, ate dinner, did some shopping, and then had some FUN…finally. There is a place called Jump on It. It has TONS of trampolines wall to wall that you just jump from one to the other. It would have been my idea of heaven when I was a little girl. I loved jumping on trampolines, and was quite good at it I might add. Well skip forward after having 3 years and I was a little nervous. I didn’t have near the “control” in a certain area if you know what I mean. My brother was coming and bringing a date. I told him to ask the girl if she had a super duper sized maxi pad to bring a long to help his sister out. It was either that or a quick stop for some Depends. Well, we didn’t do neither, and when I first jumped on I was so scared that I was going to lose it…but I am so proud to say that I didn’t, not even one little drop…lol. I could still do a mean back flip and front flip and aerial. I got to relive my trampoline days as a child, and watch Hallie and Gavin have more fun than I have seen them have in a really long time. Hallie even woke up this morning and told me how much fun that was.

So, we get to relive that fun in 2 weekends, because she has another competition at Lagoon. I am like a little kid, because I love Lagoon just as much now as I did when I was 8…lol. So, I am praying this wind will go away. Thank you G.J. for babysitting Kayler so good. Thank you Rosanne for taking care of Gav. Thank you mom, for taking us. It was a whirlwind couple of days alright, but so fun. Have a great day!

6 comments:

Mandy said...

Awesome! That sounds like a blast. Except for the bloody wind!!!

Lets just skip the dance competition and you and me go to Lagoon. K?

Love ya! Glad you're back!

Kelli said...

I love the trampoline also. we have had ours put away for about 6 years and just put it back up two weeks ago. We need to get afew new springs and things but its fine for two little ones to jump on it. Glad you had a great trip. Sleeping til 10, oh how nice.

Paul and Megan Hawkes said...

Sounds like fun. I love going to dance competitions! Gabby has 4 this spring, so we are getting our fair share! It is great to have wonderful family that will help out! Good luck at Lagoon!

Brian, Nikki, and Nevie said...

Sounds like a fun (and crazy) weekend. I have always wanted to go to JumpOnIt. But I will have to wait to have older kids so that I have an excuse! Hallie looks so cute in her dance costume. I have heard the museum at the Gateway is awesome, so you'll have to try to take her another time.
Oh, about Saturday, I don't think I'll be coming to your party. I think I have to just ride out and back home on Friday. Dang it! But I will try to get some money and shop on your website as soon as possible! Can I exchange things if they don't fit?

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the OLED, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://oled-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Robert, Melanie and fam said...

Oh how fun!!!! You are such a fun and cute little mama! I'm glad you had a great time!